2 questions

ROAD RUNNER

Sep 3, 2010
Michigan
My first question/recomendation is what are a good brand of tires. Im mainly going to do woods,trail,little mud riding. Also im not trying to spend over 100 bucks.

Second question: Im going to be riding in the winter and i was wondering if i should use chains or studs? I live in michigan so we get quite a bit of snow. Im not sure what i should use?

Thanks for the advise guys! :)

if u are only looking to spend 100 on tires, ur best bet would be to search ebay for deals...fast trekkers make a pretty good tire for real cheap.....as far as chains or studs, i would find and old set of tires and stud them or get urself some paddle tires, never heard of anyone using chains so i dont think it would be a good idea tho.....i think they r meant for the big 4x4's

if u are only looking to spend 100 on tires, ur best bet would be to search ebay for deals...fast trekkers make a pretty good tire for real cheap.....as far as chains or studs, i would find and old set of tires and stud them or get urself some paddle tires, never heard of anyone using chains so i dont think it would be a good idea tho.....i think they r meant for the big 4x4's

Ok yeah ill check out ebay, probably even craigslist. Who would you say makes the best tires??

i ve used, razors, holeshots, duro sports, and another brand i cant remember....now im usiong kenda kutters and they are by far the best ive used yet, 6 ply and they have no wear yet as apposed to "regular" razrs that i could go through a set a yr

I've been looking and i really like the ITP holeshot tires. Are they good, because they look like they have some meat on them and are kinda what im looking at?

^^^lol thank u thats the other kind ive used, but mine where regular pure sport bandits on 10" rims...and they rode horribly and were really heavy

WHAT EVER any of you guys do, DO NOT use chains. They are ment for slow speed application. Even at 10 mph ,they flop around and hit the fenders on tractors. If one came loose at 30-40mph it would rip your leg off literally !!! Kind of like a chain saw !! If you're cheep (broke) use sheet metal screws , if not pop for some cold cutters. Keep eye on CL, have seen tires already studed and some with sno-mo studs, knarly to be sure !!

My first question/recomendation is what are a good brand of tires. Im mainly going to do woods,trail,little mud riding. Also im not trying to spend over 100 bucks.

Second question: Im going to be riding in the winter and i was wondering if i should use chains or studs? I live in michigan so we get quite a bit of snow. Im not sure what i should use?

Thanks for the advise guys! :)

$91 shipped for 2 New Fast Trekker Rear Tires on egay. Check the link below.

YAMAHA BLASTER LTZ450 LTR 450 TIRES 8 INCH NEW CHEAP 2: eBay Motors (item 400161758471 end time Oct-12-10 07:55:56 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator: