+2 a arms or +3 a arms???

88BamBam

Jul 17, 2008
Virginia
Im confused.... I like the +2 +1fwd setup for blasters but then again its being hard to find a cheap pair and i have seen a lot of +3 +1fwd and i wonder if thats too wide.... Im 5"11 and165lbs.When i rebuild my blaster back to running shape i would most likely be wheelying, aggressive trail riding, short drags and hitting jumps at some times. Since some of you guys have experienced this i wanna know whats the best a-arm length i should get...

P.S. why YFZ 450 shocks not good on +2 arms? im only gonna go for +3 to fit the YFZ shocks. what are the problems with trying to do this setup???

i have the diamond j kit with out the shock conversion and its good. if you really want the a-arms, get the +3+1. then you can fit the yfz shocks. you cant with the +2+1. my brother has the shock conversion and he like it.

True true... i was thinking of +3 being so wide head got mixed up. but uhh im thnkin banshee axle, 3+swinger YFZ rear shock and +3 arms w/ YFZ front shocks... sounds good to the my syle of riding? (in 1st post of thread)

either +3 or +2 will work. I used +2 burgard a-arms with yfz450 shocks and didn't have a problem

Cool plus 2... if i find a cheap pair but if not then plus 3s it is! either one that fall my way. and another thing i thought pljus 3 would bring down my ride height

i was looking at getting the ASR +3 +1 for my 2004 Blaster and it says it requires the 16.45 shock is that the size of the yzf 450 front shocks ?

i was looking at getting the ASR +3 +1 for my 2004 Blaster and it says it requires the 16.45 shock is that the size of the yzf 450 front shocks ?

2 year old thread!!!FTW!!!!!!!!! yfz stock shocks I believe are 15.75,16.25,16.50 for standard travel and they also have long travel yfz wqhich are longer.The asr arms are designed for yfz shocks.