1995 Yamaha Blster

killswitch

Feb 19, 2011
Indiana
I picked up this 95 blaster today and the guy said when it ran he got stuck in deep mud hole and was hard on it getting it out . He finally made it out and back to the truck when it died. Bike has been sprayed off but is very filthy. He says that he drained oil and it had some shavings in it.Seems that the bike has great compression still no bad sounds when kicked over. I cleaned carb put new plug in and sprayed a little starter fluid in just to c if it would start. Nothing happened any ideas? I have another 95 just got running just needed clutch rebuilt but this one has got me.I know to check for spark but what if I have spark?

Bad ignition coil, Bad source coil, bad trigger coil, bad CDI.

The manual walks you through testing each electrical component unit it lays any further ignition problems at the feet of the CDI and simply tells you to replace it.

How long has that been sitting If it has been sitting for a long time when you get spark,dont start it,get a new spark plug(I know from experiences...)

If it has shavings in the oil, he could of maybe burn up the piston by reving it to high trying to get it out of the puddle.

4852-painted-my-rims-push-bar-flat-black-put-numbers.jpg

Maier front plastic, 240 big bore kit, moose front shock cover, hand guards, ac front bumper painted flat black, fly racing bars, pro circut grips, pro circut pipe, ac nerf bars, jetted carb, monster graphics, 18 inch fast trackers in the back (tires), prm rear grab bar, 4 inch wheel spacers in the front, 5 inch wheel spacers in the back, Wheels painted flat black. Soon to come- lime green frame and white gas tank.

Yes the shavings could be from the piston or rings. He may have been over revving it to get it out and when mudding you move almost nowhere fast and high revs and no movement are bad for a blaster sincce it is air cooled. Air cooled 2 strokes are not made for mudding....

lol if there were shavings in the oil he drained then that tranny gears, the crankcase is completely seperate from that oil lol I:I

Ok has excellent compression no bad piston rings good ,I have been over all the wiring,I have changed coil,2 black boxes on front left,and the silver box on front right, so I have no clue what is causing no spark....Frustrating now I will get a puller to get the stator off , never done that before but am handy and got manual. any advice on my issue?

lol if there were shavings in the oil he drained then that tranny gears, the crankcase is completely seperate from that oil lol I:I

true my bad. nut still high revs can still tear up sh*t

Maier front plastic, 240 big bore kit, moose front shock cover, hand guards, ac front bumper painted flat black, fly racing bars, pro circut grips, pro circut pipe, ac nerf bars, jetted carb, monster graphics, 18 inch fast trackers in the back (tires), prm rear grab bar, 4 inch wheel spacers in the front, 5 inch wheel spacers in the back, Wheels painted flat black. Soon to come- lime green frame and white gas tank.

i know you said you checked over the wiring but if i were you id go on eba and get a whole new wiring harness and it just plugs up to the wires that come out of the motor because my headlights were taken of by the previous owner and now when i test my voltage it gets almost 2v at idle and bairley 3v reved:-/

Yes it has thumb throttle and tors on carb but NOT connected to pump.Does this prevent spark? Could it be in tors?I have another 95 and 2001 blaster and have been switching parts all day! getting very frustrated with this thing changed oil new spark plug. bypassed the key. You think it can be in stator or harness maybe, it would have to be a fried wire hidden inside somewhere cause all connections are good. So? wow:eek: