1990 YFS 200 Yamaha Blaster clutch cable issues

pjason9873

Jan 4, 2013
So I have bought 4 cables and cut the end like when I bought the blaster and still cannot get the cable to work. They are all stock which I am not sure the perch does not have a parking break on it will that make it too long. Anyone who can help me it would be great. When I purchased the had an end which was drilled and tapped to tighten to cable then after first year clutch went and replaced then drove 140 miles and clutch disengaged and have not got a stock to work right they are all to long! Please help ahhh warm weather is amoungst us!! thank you

The cable should not need cut. Is the clutch perch modified? if that is the case then I would just suggest getting a new clutch perch so you can run a stock cable with no modification necessary.

The cable should not need cut. Is the clutch perch modified? if that is the case then I would just suggest getting a new clutch perch so you can run a stock cable with no modification necessary.
I know they should not be cut but all cables are long. The perch on it is just a clutch perch without the parking brake would this matter??

They are designed and made that length for a reason. Do not cut them and rig something up, asking for something else to go wrong and waste even more money.

I know they should not be cut but all cables are long. The perch on it is just a clutch perch without the parking brake would this matter??
No, it does not matter that it is not a perch with with the parking brake. The perch should have a spot to hook your cable end into with no problem. The cable is a perfect length, no cutting required. Just hook it in the perch and the clutch arm. I don't know what you mean by all cables are long because no one has ever needed to cut the cable because it is too long. Just hook it in both ends, don't modify anything and it will work.