1986 Trx250r Complete Rebuild

Braapbraap95

Aug 10, 2008
Massachusetts
Well between me and the previous owner, the motor went (fart noise). It happened via no coolant in the radiator due to a giant crack in the bottom of it. So by the time I realized what was wrong, the piston had already melted. So we agreed that it was both our faults, so he gave me 300 back to do a topend and get a radiator. Tore her all down yesterday, took the jug off, pistons junk, crank looks good to me... So I'm gonna punch it out .20 and try again. As far as the frame its getting stripped, welded, and painted. As well as a-arms, and the swinger. Opinions on colors? Extremely tight budget guys, I spent all my saved up money on this biotch. However it can become a winter project too, so ideas, opinions, comments, criticism, points of view, and as always thanks!I:I

trx250r.jpg

looks liek you got a gos start there.. if for soem reason to decide to change platics i'd be interested in yours for my R.. mine is white/red.. and i'd like it to be white/blue.. the one my dad had when i was a littel kid (back when those were BRAND NEW) was white/blue and he's always regretted selling his.. which is half the reason i bought mine..

looks liek you got a gos start there.. if for soem reason to decide to change platics i'd be interested in yours for my R.. mine is white/red.. and i'd like it to be white/blue.. the one my dad had when i was a littel kid (back when those were BRAND NEW) was white/blue and he's always regretted selling his.. which is half the reason i bought mine..

I would trade but frankly, mine look like sh*t.

Man thats a beast looking bike.. every ounce of work will pay off into a sweet machine~~~!!!... I was pissed with all the parts i bought with my used blasty! But with every part i bought at least i knew it was brand new!!!!.. And it gives you the ability to buy a little at a time.. Thats a sweet ride!!! Paint it metallic gray frame with metallic blue everything else...! Love the rebuild i will love doing mine..!!!

It looks nice but in reality its really ugly. Plastics are all cracked, frame is painted like sh*t, overspray everywhere, welds all over the cases, one on the frame. Only nice thing is the rims, tires, handlebars, and soon to be the motor. What colors guys?! I was thinking blue frame, white, and black. Then white plastics. Opinions on colors needed.

here, i gotta picture of a stock 87 (same colors) do it like this. this is the exact bike 370 was talking about. red frame, gold swinger/a arms/rims, blue and white plastics.

DSC02654-1.jpg

Last edited:
you can do either....powdercoating is stronger than paint. i love the factory look of the trx250r. i'd love to have one, just with better suspension. hell, teh stock isnt that bad either. hahaha