1984 Trimoto 200

bummer981

Powered by Smoke & Mirrors
Mar 1, 2011
Rochester, New York
My son and I rescued this one off the side of the road out with someones trash. All in all it is in real nice shape for being twenty eight years old. The rear tires hold air, the front does for about thirty seconds, but the are all dry rotted real bad. The rear plastics are perfect and the front fender has a four inch tear in it. The seat is torn up pretty good.
We have had it for a couple weeks and finally on saturday had some time to work on it. Cleaned the silly putty out of the carb, rinsed out the tank real good. Cleaned and soaked the fuel petcock and blew out all the fuel lines. The recoil is going to need rebuilding, but I got it working good enough to pull. Got it running that night with suprisingly little effort.
It was blowing oil out of the timing chain cover and smoking real bad. Pulled the cover off and the rubber gasket was out of the groove. fixed that and it is runnig really well after we blew the mouse nest out of the pipe. Now it starts with one pull every time. Pretty good find and saved it from the graveyard.

trimoto4.jpg

trimoto3.jpg

trimoto1.jpg

trimoto2.jpg

My brother and I actually bought a brand new Trimoto 125 together when we were teenagers, in 1980. That thing was alot of fun in the snow. It had no suspension at all, just the bounce from the tires. I am suprised we lived through owning that one. It was a two stroke five speed with no clutch. Think it cost us right around nine hundred, we made payments for like sixty dollars a month.

I love me some trikes I had a ytm225 back in the day never got To ride it because it needed a drive shaft and parts were rare :(