1979 yz250 for 100 bucks :D

I gotta say, IMO, that pipe looks awful - doesn't look right and not period correct... but that's just me. To each their own.

Great job on the restore though. Mad respect on the effort and dedication and drive. Great job. Get that thing burning and lets see how it does. I have a soft spot for the old Yamahas, but im more of a fan of big blue bikes (My ITs) although I would love to find me another TT500 (had a 79 years ago).

Should be a runner. Those old 250s were serious and still today, for an air cooled 250, it will get up and boogie.

correct me if I am wrong here, but that's a 4-speed, right? or was that just for the 400 and up of the time? I know the 400, 465 and 490 YZs were 4 speed and the same (respectively) ITs were 5-speeds with heavy cranks and flywheels for trail.

- Justin

- Justin

thanks man, i am also not a huge fan of the color, but i don't really wannt worry about that as of now, it'll look better once the side cover is on too, but i may go black when the paint on it now starts gettin rough... and i am about positive it is a 6 speed but not entirely, untill i get her goin i'm not sure....

well, i'ma dig this thread up, got the 250 started today, found a large crack in the exhaust near one of its mounts, gonna pull it, weld it and paint it flat black for those who didn't like the silver :p

I've always wondered how these bikes are compared to the new ones, power wise.

from what i'v heard this year is actually pretty comparable to the powerband of a modern 250 :D i'v also heard the rear end on these is really sketchy, so i'm not gonna even be goin ham on this thing lol