1979 yz250 for 100 bucks :D

Sweet deL! I would of grabbed it to just for the motor.

haha, yah, i'm gonna try to keep it all together tho, the # on the engine is 000139 , lol, only thing missin off the engine is the stator cover (15 bucks on ebay) and the seal on the shifter, it is completely dry, no fluids in it since he did the bottom end, hasn't been run since then...

I like it and it's worth more then what you paid as is which = a WIN B)
You will be surprised at the power of that antique YZ.

I like it and it's worth more then what you paid as is which = a WIN B)
You will be surprised at the power of that antique YZ.

i was waiting for you to chime in on this, yeah, thats what i figured, gonna put a lil money into is to get it running and it should eb a fun bike, these 250's have alot of parts that are interchangable with the 79 yz400 :D

2011-12-26135742.jpg

2011-12-26135843.jpg
got better pics
2011-12-26140030.jpg

2011-12-26140022.jpg

^^ cool frame
2011-12-26135958.jpg

^^ 246cc
2011-12-26135927.jpg

^^ cracked intake :(
2011-12-26135849.jpg

^^ need a stator cover
2011-12-26135748.jpg

2011-12-26135736.jpg

i rolled it around and sat on it, and suprisingly the suspension feels useable, it compresses fine, but not too much, and rebounds fully.... the motor has good compression too....
got a walkaround vid. for u guys

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a lil rough diamond lol
When the time comes, I know where you can get a front number plate, the correct graphics, and the right seat cover ;)
Ebay will have your mag cover- don't forget a gasket there too.
Your kicker needs a ball and spring. A $9 banshee kicker rebuild kit should get the job done.

It's a lil rough diamond lol
When the time comes, I know where you can get a front number plate, the correct graphics, and the right seat cover ;)
Ebay will have your mag cover- don't forget a gasket there too.

got a gasket, gonna order a cover, pull all the plastics and maybe even the motor and get to work, i'm gonna prolly use some hi temp paint and do the exhaust and engine cause they are a lil rough, gonna be a fun project, as for the # plate, and graphics and cover, those will all be once i get her running correctly and riding corectly, then comes the goodies to make it look nice, haha

oh boy, just checked ebay and intakes are 100 bucks...... i might have to make sumthin cause i don't have the 100 for the intake, hopefully i can find a used working one....

Unless the previous owner has replaced the front fork seals, most likely they are leaky pogo sticks. Seals are around and butt cheap though.
I would have bought that bike for $100 nice score I:I

Unless the previous owner has replaced the front fork seals, most likely they are leaky pogo sticks. Seals are around and butt cheap though.
I would have bought that bike for $100 nice score I:I

yah, i might send out the forks and shock once i get the cash, may do the seals myself, like i stated before, the forks on these are weird, i saw a thing in the manual about them being air forks, there are valves on the tops of em for a tire pump too.... and yah, i couldn't pass it up for 100 bucks... even if i had no use for it i could part it and make more than what i bought it for