105 psi compression

Zwiser

May 25, 2010
Harrisburg,PA
my compression is 105 psi and ive been having some problems such as hard starting, not staying running, bogging, smoking more than usal, not a lot of power, wierd noises, and such is it time for a rebuild

yeah my copression is down around 110 , but, mine doesnt start hard or run weird so im gonna just slap some new rings in it before busco and hope for the best. you may be able to get away with ust honing it out and reringing it for now. but a rebuild is in order bud

ur compression should be at leats 120psi. when i fried my rings it went from 130psi, right down to 70psi. i used some muriatic acid to get the aluminum off the cyclinder and gave it a quick hone. then i put in new piston and rings (stock size) and ran beautiful with lots of compression.

anything under 110 is going to be too low to run normally. A 2 stroke will start and run at 90psi, doesnt mean that it will be good enough.

yea i rejetted to a 300 main and needle is on 4th notch i might get a video of it tomarow and could it be a big airleak just taking my compression away

its back together but i dont have a leakdown tester but i think it could be my crank seals cuz of the smoke and it smells weird but im not sure if its tranny fluid

its back together but i dont have a leakdown tester but i think it could be my crank seals cuz of the smoke and it smells weird but im not sure if its tranny fluid

If the smoke smells like plastic burning then its most likely burning trans fluid because of a bad seal. :(