#1 rule if you are going to race your blaster

blasterfan84

Jun 20, 2007
forget about the motor mods, a pipe and reeds will do, GET YOUR SUSPENSION FIGURED OUT FIRST!!! i cant tell you how embarassed some of the kids last year were who had hetric cylinders/240 kits etc, and they were getting beaten by a blaster with a stock motor, i had a rollin suspension setup and tat made up for my lack of motor mods, i got the carb after 3/4 of the season was over, and i made a big difference, but not nearly as much as a proper suspension setup did.

im thinking about starting to race my blaster, i have stock suspension at the minute what shocks do you think i should get or will i just get the diamond j kit with yfz shocks and i think img going to put on a 400ex of yfz shock on the back?

seriously, dont cheap ouy on your shocks, go with a good brand, elkas or custom axis, everyone at cmrc runs with elkas in their blasters, hell one kid has elkas and a stock pipe lol

Well I will have to second that.. I have a pretty much stock Raptor.. and bought my son the 2000 blaster that had been tricked out.. and I will say that the nice shocks that it came with really helped landing the big jumps down at Pismo..

Actually, the number 1 rule if your going to race, is to get out and practice as much as you can. You can have the fastest motor or best suspension out there but if you don't ride, you'll get spanked

you need to get them worked for your weight and riding style before they are at their full potential.

Ya suspension is key

On any quad. I remember years ago when I got my 250R. Before that I had a 250X with a built motor. It handled like doo doo, but ripped it in a straightline. When I built my 250R I put a Paul Turner Pipe on it, and Laerger A Arms, and PEP shocks. I started winning races then. I:I

I have raced a full season at MMRS and hav just gotten elkas for christmas do u think this will make a big difference? when racing?

hey man, its ben, #84 on the KTM, i raced the start of the MMRS season

yes, the elkas will make a huge difference, stock blaster shocks are among the worst in the industry(no offence) but the elkas are freaking amazing, so much smoother