06 blaster falls on its face

crcoop

Apr 12, 2016
Ok I haven't had any luck finding the answers I need. My wife ran out of fuel, then we washed it. Now, it starts on the first kick and sounds fine then it falls on its face when it should be hitting the powerband. Then it progressively gets worse until it limps and sometimes dies. I have changed coil, cleaned carb, eliminated tors, New plug, tried different wiring harness, cdi and voltage regulator. Any ideas?

Compression test? It sounds like it may be time for a top end rebuild. Running out of gas will run it very lean, which will fry a top end very quickly.

Check Stator isn't full of water or wet. Check ALL connections are clean and tight, add dielectric grease. Trim 1/4" off plug wire, install plug cap with bit of dielectric grease. Clean coil ground, check switchs. Double check how you disabled TORS. Parking brake switch?

Well, I put the stator on another motor and it works great. I have gone as far as switching wiring harness to an older style and doing that conversion. It ran exactly the same. I have not done anything with parking brake. I got so frustrated that I swapped motors and used the existing electrical stuff and it runs great! That's why I was starting to lean toward fuel/mechanical problems.

So, the motor that was running bad is now off and getting ready to go on another bike. So I would like to find out what's wrong for when I get it on

float level, floats sticking, reeds checked ?
flywheel woodruff key sheared allowing flywheel to rotate out of time.

just more things to check

I think I am going to put a new rebuild kit in the carb. Does anybody know offhand what the float level is supposed to be?