05 blaster wont start tors removed got spark freshly rebuilt carb

Terry HAZ

Mar 26, 2014
Limbo, Sonora, Mexico
My 05 blaster wont start i bought it after it had been sitting two years did all fluids rebuilt carb not cleaned bought rebuild kit new jets seals o rings all of it flushed fuel system removed oil injection has good spark Tors removed also. has spark no matter what throttle position. lights light up when towing(towed to try and get it to pop) how to adjust float bowl ive seen that problem on forums here quite a bit.

Did you check your compression? Check to see if the reeds are broken, make sure the exaust is free of obstructions, and the intake is also.

A leak down test should also be done to make sure its leak free.

says not cleaned? did you spray carb down with carb cleaner at all? 2 years huh:)
What i meant is that i didnt just clean it i completely took it down and installed a complete rebuild kit

free flowing fuel from tank to carb?
has fuel flow

Did you check your compression? Check to see if the reeds are broken, make sure the exaust is free of obstructions, and the intake is also.

reeds are goos as well as cage and intake free from leaks, it turns over good and easy.

how do i leakdown test? am i just testing the rings with that to make sure there is no blowby

Will a stock carb off of a 02 yz125 work on it if it starts witht he carb from my perfectly running yz125 then i can eliminate everything but the carb . seems like it would be easier to slap that carb on it and try to fire it up that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet i am in denial and dont want to face the potential problems of a failed comp. test at first i was hoping there was an issue removing the tors or oil injection systems. but i have fuel and spark on a fresh carb rebuild so its like the fire triangle fuel/ignition//compression. im not going to put the money into it if it needs top end or worse. i only paid 200$ for it and ill sell it for three times that before i drop that kind of money on it. i was initially looking for a mid sized quad for my wife.

well crap 30$ compression tester or what is it like 20 bucks for rings,take that thing apart person may have put piston in backwards or your flywheel is not aligned properly another 10 bucks for tool lol:) you could sell it for three times that much if you get it running. did person before you tell you why they let it it for 2 years??

Not yet i am in denial and dont want to face the potential problems of a failed comp. test at first i was hoping there was an issue removing the tors or oil injection systems. but i have fuel and spark on a fresh carb rebuild so its like the fire triangle fuel/ignition//compression. im not going to put the money into it if it needs top end or worse. i only paid 200$ for it and ill sell it for three times that before i drop that kind of money on it. i was initially looking for a mid sized quad for my wife.
And i already have one of those i used it to test the Gas Line to my house from the meter it had to hold twelve pounds for an hour i just need to do the end for the intake boot then. cool good info thanks man if it turns out bad you wanna buy a blaster LOL.

Might be the problem, a top end rebuild isn't that bad at all. If its in good shape otherwise, a fresh start for a couple hundred bucks, then you know what you have.

well crap 30$ compression tester or what is it like 20 bucks for rings,take that thing apart person may have put piston in backwards or your flywheel is not aligned properly another 10 bucks for tool lol:) you could sell it for three times that much if you get it running. did person before you tell you why they let it it for 2 years??
Jail… his wife sold it to me to pay bills in his absence.

lol holy crap i dont know man if it is getting spark then it should ignite gas then boooom only one way to find out take it apart or comp, theres alot to read on here:)