04 Blaster no spark, need to troubleshoot my troubleshooting

Ok, its taken some time but I have finally been through everything according to the shop manual several times with several different multimeters and a bit of help from people more experienced in electrical matters than me. Long story short....I get some sort of reading on everything except for the source coil on the stator plate. Nothing at all on that. So, logic tells me that is my issue and that is reinforced by the fact that I had water coming out of there when I opened the flywheel cover. However, I did try replacing it with an el cheapo chinese before I ever went through all the testing and that did not solve the spark problem. Of course that particular piece of equipment was pretty much junk.

Anyways, the source coil needs to be replaced so I was wondering if it would be wiser and more cost effective to replace just the coil ($75 new, OEM) and find someone to install it on the stator plate for me as I am not much for soldering......Or try to find someone, perhaps on here or some other site that has a good condition used OEM complete stator plate for a decent price?

Anyways, the source coil needs to be replaced so I was wondering if it would be wiser and more cost effective to replace just the coil ($75 new, OEM) and find someone to install it on the stator plate for me as I am not much for soldering......Or try to find someone, perhaps on here or some other site that has a good condition used OEM complete stator plate for a decent price?

I'd look for a known good used stator.

Ok, its taken some time but I have finally been through everything according to the shop manual several times with several different multimeters and a bit of help from people more experienced in electrical matters than me. Long story short....I get some sort of reading on everything except for the source coil on the stator plate. Nothing at all on that. So, logic tells me that is my issue and that is reinforced by the fact that I had water coming out of there when I opened the flywheel cover. However, I did try replacing it with an el cheapo chinese before I ever went through all the testing and that did not solve the spark problem. Of course that particular piece of equipment was pretty much junk.

I'd look for a known good used stator.
I have a stator, however it's a 4 wire. Is is compatible?

all of a sudden mine didn't want to spark and I found out it was the tors and cut the wire and then it fired right up. The stator should be allowed to get wet. (I don't recommend letting it) but my stator has gotten wet many of times I and its never stopped on me.