03 breaks

gwatt5

Apr 13, 2012
Connecticut
My rear breaks stopped workig on my 03 blaster can someone tell me how to rebuild them. I have the 3 o rings that are in the breaks but idk where they go can someone help

Have you checked that it is full of fluid? No leaks? Tried bleeding? proper pedal adjustment?

After removing caliper from hose and bracket use compressed air to blow piston out. Don't use a lot and have rag in hand to "catch" it so it doesn't bounce on floor. O rings will be on piston or in bore. Clean it well before removing piston. Clean rust off pins and use caliper grease to lube pins. If you're talking master cyl simular method applies.

fluid leaking is a sure sign it needs rebuilt, prolly from a torn o-ring inside from corrosion

disassemble, watch where the each o-ring goes as you do it, clean everything good, reassemble with new o-rings and brake fluid as a lubricant

here's 2 different ways to remove the piston...........

drive it out...

compressed air, (auto caliper, but very similar)

Last edited by a moderator:
dont worry guys i did a brake rebuild and fixed it he blew out one of the orings idk how he breaks everything on his quad and i have to fix it imagine the money i could have made if i charged him lol

The stock rear brakes work awsome, I have used both the gsxr calipers and the stock brakes and the stockers to me were way better with a lighter peddle feel. A properly bleed stock system will lock up with minimal effort.

I agree 100 percent my breaks lock up with no effort I let a freind ride my blaster. He was In a open field riding fast he locked The breaks up on accident because he didn't know he needed much pressure he slid the back tires an got kicked off ( grass was wet )

Anyways moral to the story is stock breaks will completely lock up an fast they are nice in my opion an no cost!!