03 blaster ildes fine no top end

bored03

Feb 11, 2012
columbus, ne
i have an 03 blaster. mods are .40 over, kelian carb 155-55 jets kn airfilter. it starts just fine and idles great but when i jump on and take off about half way on the gas its loses power and wont hit powerband. almost like it has a rev limiter. i dont have a parking brake. any ideas?3

it has a clamp on the carb air filter. i just bought it and was checkin out the jets to see what they are put a new ngk plug to do a plug chop and it started doing this. it had a champion 8902 plug in it when i got it.

check to see if the main jet came loose. i have had one vibrate right out before...

i have taken off the carb 3 times and checked it out and cleaned it. everything look good in it. i have looked at my reeds they look ok too. im thinking it is more on the spark side of it. i changed it out with my 01 blaster coil and not really a change. could it be that i need a hotter plug?

Have you tried putting the old plug back in and see if it'll clear up. There's a possibility that its a dud

just check the things you havent checked already.... is fuel flowing from your tank properly? is the tors connected? reeds?

Last edited:
i took my reeds back out and one side didnt look right so i put another reed cage and it sounds alot better im going to take it out for a ride tomarrow . thanks for the help guys

it has a clamp on the carb air filter. i just bought it and was checkin out the jets to see what they are put a new ngk plug to do a plug chop and it started doing this. it had a champion 8902 plug in it when i got it.

I am not familiar with you carb so can't comment on jet numbers, but if you fitted a filter directly on the carb mouth it would call for a few sizes richer main jet!