03 blaster bogging and smoking alot

03blasterider

Jan 1, 2011
the other day i went to start my blaster and it started smoking more than usual and the smoke was white and smelled like crank oil so i did a leakdown test and saw that the crank seals were bad. we changed the seals and fixed a leak near the intake boot and it held pressure fine. it has a fresh plug and it is still doing the same thing. it smokes alot but smells like 2 stroke oil and it bogs down hard. it still has the oil injection and has 130 psi compression what could be wrong here?

So you did a post work leakdown test and it passed?

I'm assuming you took both side seals out and changed them. If so, you had to pull the flywheel.... Are you SURE you lined it up correctly on the key (the keys have a tendency to push out the back if the keyway isn't perfectly lined back up) and that the flywheel nut is torques properly?

It could also be leftover oil in the crankcase burning off. If it is only 2 stroke oil then maybe you were tunned with a small airleak and you need to rejet because your now rich? What are your mods and jetting?

the flywheel key isnt sheered and its all torqued down good it is a bone stock motor with stock jetting and nothing has been touched on it until now