01 blaster wont start

heatlbj6

Mar 16, 2012
Ct
I have a 01 blaster that i bought for 726 dollars. It started fine the first day i bought it but the second day i bought it it would start so i popped the clutch and it ran fine, but then when i was riding it just died on me outta nowhere and now i cant kick start it i put the choke on and itll start for 2 seconds then just die down anyone know what i coukld do

Welcome to Problem Solving Central, also known as BF I:I

Let's start with the basics. Get a Clymers repair manual, or find linc on forum for download. Next list what all you know about it as far as modifications, or lack of.

Is the spark plug good? Good blue spark? Fuel in tank? Gas on? Getting fuel to carb? If you still have oil injection make sure you keep it full. If you have pre-mix, did you mix the gas/oil properly? Consider pulling carb and cleaning it out. A very tiny piece of crud can cause problems.

Awaiting answers. :D

i drained the gas put brand new 93 gas in it put oil in it got a new spark plug and cleaned the carb out idk what else to do

Ok, so you run premix with fresh gas. Pull the plug and see if you get good blue spark all the time when you kick it. You are getting fuel into carb float bowl? Did you comepletely dissasemble the carb and soak it, or did you give it a quick douche and call it clean? The pilot jet has very tiny holes that if plugged will hinder starting.

blastermanual.pdf download - 2shared
http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf
Don't know if same, or which is better site

Also look through tis for trouble shooting/ repairs/maintenance

Would all that explain why it wont start and just dies randomly when i ride it ?

See, more info helps I:I Hard to start AND randomly dies points to electrical problem :eek:. (most likely) The manuals will have all values for testing electrical components. In the meantime things you can do/check. Starting at the stator on the left side check ALL connections that they are clean and tight. I use a Dremal with diamond bit to clean female connections, sand paper for male, and add dab of dielectric grease to them. Check for ANY bare spots/shorts in wires. Check that ALL switches are clean inside. Make sure ALL grounds are clean/bare metal including where coil bolts to frame. Inspect coil wire for cracks/weathercheck. Take plug cap off wire and trim 1/4" off wire (fresh connection) use dielectric grease, and reinstall. I:I

DON'T do it. I know that mechanic, his name is Ben Dover. Look, these things aren't that complicated. Between reading through the manual, reading threads on here, asking questions, we will get you going. For what a shop will charge you will be at least half way to some good upgrades to it, MORE POWER. A shop will hit you for at least $75 just to look at it.

DON'T give up, we've only been at it for two hours, others will chime in at any time. All you have to do is methodically eliminate ALL possibilities. If you know which end of a hammer to grab you (we) can fix it. This isn't rocket science or brain surgury

I cant work on it till next tuesday so in a detailed description let me know what i have to do to get it running good again thanks

Shameless night bump. Take a glass jar/cup, remove fuel line from carb, put fuel ine in cup, turn fuel on and see if it flows consistantly until cup is full. This indicates that fuel is flowing good.

look, an engine (especially a 2 stroke) needs 4 things to run. fuel, fire, air and compression.

i didn't read every response in the thread, but, pull the plug out, check it for spark by plugging it in, and laying it on the cooling fins and kicking it over...got spark? no? look up the wiring diagram on here. if it sparks, make sure it is a good strong blue spark.

compression test it while the plug is out, with a compression gauge.

have compression? no, needs rebuilt, yes, check fuel

stated above, check to see that fuel is flowing, flowing? yes?

take carb apart, and clean it REALLY WELL make sure its jetted correctly.

hope i helped a little bit

Can you explain kinda how it died, would help a little in understanding what to tell you to do.

It sounds like there could be some dirt in the carby blocking something, if the fuel is flowing strong to the carb, as Larry said, you may need to go deeper into the carb.