01 Blaster Spark but no start

I'm new to this so I'm not really sure what that means or how to adjust that. I was under the impression I could spray something on the leak to seal it, like when you find a puncture in your tire.

Have you checked your woodruf key? Also on very low compression all will check out ok, spark, leak test, carb fine, exhaust free from obstructions, etc etc but bad rings and written out cylinder you will have trouble starting.. check compression with a compression tester. A real one not your pinky lol. Keep reporting back and with all the knowledge in this forum we will get you going.. be patient... and when you say spark what color is it

Last edited:
Okay so I found the "air leak", the old oil intake into the carb was not capped off, and i think they closed that air intake valve because they figured that open intake would pull enough air into the carb. Well i capped that old intake. I put in a new plug, and im going to drain whatevers in the engine. Also Im going to check the reeds in the morning, and maybe put in new ones for my sanity.

Well I cleaned out the carb, but it back together. Then I put in new reeds, and of course noticed that one of the reed cover screws was snapped and stuck in the frame. I thought everything was good, I go to turn on the fuel line and right away fuel starts pouring out of the drain line from the carb and a small opening near the choke. I've just about had it with this damn thing, I'm ready to rip it apart and sell it just for parts. Also I'm still getting a spark.

Read up on carb adjustments. Float could be stuck or a few other things.. Hang tight my friend we will get you going. Is there any screw left like enough to grab it with vice grips??

Okay I just went to go start it and this time fuel didnt pour out. So I'm lost because I can't know what was wrong now. I could smell gas out of the exhaust so at least I knew the engine was getting gas. I played around with the air jet and I can barely smell it. Now is their any other jets I can adjust because the carb is clearly not mixing correctly. When I'm starting it btw, I start with the parking brake on, starter choke half out, do that for three kicks then I go to full choke. Again in getting a good spark.

You got spark but is it at right time?. Let's start with that. Fly wheel woodruf key is all good right?

Yep its right when I kick it. But no I haven't checked that yet. Also my engines bored out to 250cc. It has a #230 main jet and my uncle was thinking I should go back to the stock jet since its running to rich, is he right?

First off most likely its not a 250... i highly doubt that. You can't bore a stock cylinder to a 250.. you might have a 199 200 201 202 but not a 250, if you had a big bire kit than that's a 240.. any ways a230 main jet is stock size. If you have any mods you will be going up in jet size. For example an after market pipe, holes in air lid or air lid off K and n filter etcetc. As far as your carb leaking check your float... Sticking, right height, crack or hole in float, float hitting bowl bowletc.. like i said read and read AGAIN in the carb section.. it will tell you all about carb adjusting.. A blaster is a simple motor.. as far as a broken reed cage that's a problem you need to get a new one or fix it.

No stock size for an 01 is 220.

NO, Actualy your wrong, or whoever thought they were right and told u that is wrong.

Stock makuni carbs, stock main jet is 230 no matter what year...

Why are u getting frustrated... Your causing your own frustration,

Do this before anything else, and stop trying to start it even if it were to start it would likely blow up as it sets.

LEAKTEST IT, like actually do a good leak test if your leaking gear oil most causes would be evedent with a leaktest! Btw after you capped your oil inlet another leak test is required to make sure that wasn't the only leak! So re do it and do it absoultly 120% correct!

Then compression test that bike. It could not have enough comp to start up for all you know.

The reed cage bolt can be remapped as long as you can get the old screw out. Breath easy buddy! Sounds like ur bike isn't worth much as parts right now anyways. Not to be rude but it's sounding a little bagged up.

Can we get picks of the oil leak, and this "250/265cx " cylinder I don't buy it!

Anyways do the two test and give us Something to work with and we will help.