01 blaster bogs and stalls upon throttle engagement

Mk_tommy

Jun 17, 2017
New Jersey
New here, just bought my first Yamaha blaster 2 weeks ago from Craigslist. Only problem is that it just won't rev past idle. New carb, jets, top end is solid, starts up one kick, but is just bogs out when I try to rev it. Any suggestions? Thanks! Also there are a few wires that have been cut and are just laying there. I have a video of it idling and trying to go into gear, but it stalls every time. Also when I start it up right away it revs fine, but after a second it almost cuts itself off.

Mods that came with it are:
Fmf fatty
Dh muffler
Tors delete
Nerf bars
Twist throttle

Attachments

• 5EF49A90-AB4D-4929-8AC2-9895199C6E90.jpg
    5EF49A90-AB4D-4929-8AC2-9895199C6E90.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 164
Looking at your photo it looks like the park brake has been removed so that will leave some wires laying round and also you have a twist throttle on it so that means the TORS switch that was in the thumb throttle has been removed leaving more wires laying round.

Is the Carb a OEM blaster carb or a ebay china carb?

Buy new kehin 28 mm and jet it to proper jetting by plug chop method and go ride Blasty:D

No need for a kehin 28. The stock mikuni vm26 works awesome and is easy to tune. Get the TORS wiring issue handled and jet it properly.
Start with a fresh plug, CLEAN carb...inside and out. set the float level to factory specs, make sure you have a cleaned and properly oiled air filter, and fresh fuel that is mixed properly in the correct ratio (32:1) unless your running the oil injection. In that case make sure to top up the oil tank. Go from there.
Oh yeah...one other thing...Let us know what jets sizes you are running...both pilot and main. That way we can help.

Yes the 26 mm works fine I was just thinking that he would enjoy the performance upgrade with a slightly larger mm carb with out any tors issues.