YZ80 install

hawaiiysr

Jan 24, 2009
i know it has been done before. anyone have any pictures of an install? or links to one? want to build one for my kid.

why don't you just detune it or put on a throttle limiter for awhile then readjust as he gets older. you''ll save money and keep your blasty stock and worth more and save time than changing everything around.

found a blaster less engine for sale locally 4 super cheap. and i have a YZ80 engine sitting around. by the time my kid out grows this build my other kid should be ready to ride it.

if my kid really needs the 200cc i'll just pick up another complete blaster. good ones go for pretty cheap here.

for now that is my plan. i think EastCoast ATV had some build pictures on their site but since they have updated the site those pictures are gone:(

You're trying to detune a blaster by putting in a smaller displacement motor?
I don't want to sound like a retard... but don't the YZ80s make more power then the Blasters?
My KX60 would have killed my blaster.

it depends on yr yz80. but you have to keep in mind that it's going to be pulling around more weight plus the gears might be longer in the tranny also so it most likely won't have the get up and go of a bigger displacement motor.

i'm not going to coment on all the coments. in order for my kid to race in the smaller classes i need a smaller bore. plain and simple. i have the motor and the tools i just need the chassis. blaster parts are cheap and easy to find. wider arms, axle, when the time is right. and when this kid out grows it the next one will already have a quad ready to go. think of it like this, the quad will grow with my daughter. have you seen the prices of built quads for kids? it's crazy! add in the factor that if i bought one of them high end kid quads i have to special order everything because i live in hawaii. with a blaster i can just roll on down to the dealer. i'm sure you guys catch my drift now. build it on the cheap. i'm not looking for crazy power.

this is all i came up with so far:
kx80 blaster hybrid - E2S

BTW motor is a 1986 square head YZ80 with extras on the side.

extra's on the side? hey also i have one of those motors for parts if your interested. i think the motor's blown but waterpump,head cylinder,carb,electronics etc for parts. was going to get it running but decided not to and already gave a friend the back tire.

Keep us posted sounds like it will be a little tamer for the young ones and not too far off from stock blaster power.If the motor is just lying around I would not hesitate to do it.I love blaster hybrids with 2 stroke engines in them,just no street bike engines.

yz 80s sh*t on blasters =] id love to have a blaster with a yz 80 motor maybe ill put my yz80 motor in a blaster XD ehhh i dont got tht kinda money haha but ill trade my yz80 for a blaster even no there slower i just miss owning a blaster

the early yz80 (square head H20 cooled) share alot of parts. i have 3 of these engines total. thanks for the positive input guys. i'll keep you posted as to whats happening. all depends on getting that blaster frame.

extra's on the side? hey also i have one of those motors for parts if your interested. i think the motor's blown but waterpump,head cylinder,carb,electronics etc for parts. was going to get it running but decided not to and already gave a friend the back tire.

i have a complete trans, 2 complete clutch sets, H20 pump rebuild parts, gasket set, and a ported cylinder. this is all from my YSR stuff.

thanks for the offer but i have to pass. shipping would kill me! one of the bad things about living in hawaii:(

Keep us posted sounds like it will be a little tamer for the young ones and not too far off from stock blaster power.If the motor is just lying around I would not hesitate to do it.I love blaster hybrids with 2 stroke engines in them,just no street bike engines.

i'm with you i don't understand why people put huge engines in blaster frames. they are one of the smaller quads to begin with. you end up spending more time and $$$ trying to fix the things the engine is ripping apart ie: cracks in the frame. like 500cc engines in blaster frames:-/ even YZ250s are pushing it.

yz 80s sh*t on blasters =] id love to have a blaster with a yz 80 motor maybe ill put my yz80 motor in a blaster XD ehhh i dont got tht kinda money haha but ill trade my yz80 for a blaster even no there slower i just miss owning a blaster

i think it's a power to weight ratio thing. two less wheels too.
i have a YZ80 enging in 2 of my YSR's. can you say STUPID FASSS!I:I

QUOTE BY:hawaiiysr i'm with you i don't understand why people put huge engines in blaster frames. they are one of the smaller quads to begin with. you end up spending more time and $$$ trying to fix the things the engine is ripping apart ie: cracks in the frame. like 500cc engines in blaster frames:-/ even YZ250s are pushing it.

LOL whats wrong with a yz250 in a blaster frame.Just gusset the frame and ready to go.Funny you say that,I am in the process of doing this yz250 swap.The few I know that have done it like it alot other than vibration.Time will tell I guess.Keep us posted with pics.Be good

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-mods-swaps-129/yz-blaster-build-thread-16125/

yeah shipping would be high. I've shipped to australia and germany before and shipping was alot. not to mention slow because to keep cost down they ship on boat and takes 2 weeks. np on the parts pass It's harder to find parts sometimes for those so i thought i would throw it out there in case you needed something that you didn't have. good luck with everything.

don't get me wrong hybrid builds are cool. it's just that i'm too old to be dealing with vibes. been their done that. in the end no matter what you do to rid your build of vibes you can never get rid of all of them. i went a different route when i out grew my blaster and needed more power. good luck with your build & hang on tight it's going to be stupid fasss!