YZ250 Engine Conversion for Blaster

MrThrust

Nov 18, 2009
Greenock Scotland
www.donnies.co.uk
This is my m8 Marty's Blaster he recently had the old engine rebuild, with a vito race crank stuffer blocks etc... but after seeing a nice donar bike the decision was made to get it stipped and re-fitted in the blaster...

Not as hard as you would think...

• YZ250 Watercooled Engine
  • CR125 Race Pipe
  • Nerf Bars
  • Full Powder coated frame
  • 10" Back wheels
  • Contra Sticker kit
  • Race Cut Plastics
  • YZ Radiators
  • YZ Rear Shortened Silencer
  • 15t front sprocket
  • 39t blue Rear sprocket

Theres still plenty of work to be done, but its at the stage were its waiting for a few bits to arrive, generator coils and a few others..

this was prity much the easiest Conversion that weve done at shugtech's we needed to cut roughly 3/4" of the right inside section of the swingarm bush, then the engine just fitted in,
we cut of the existing mounts and moved them up slightly to fit the new engine mounts, a great re-weld by shugtech,

Exhaust: cut the top section of the YZ downpipe and weld that onto the cr exhaust and it fitted straight in round the frame.

Hope you enjoy the pics..

fordka001.jpg

fordka002.jpg
fordka003.jpg
fordka004.jpg
fordka005.jpg
fordka006.jpg
fordka007.jpg
fordka008.jpg
fordka009.jpg
fordka010.jpg

the Yz engine is a newley rebuilt 89, the original was a 2001
theres still 5" rear spacers, new bars, and a lot of hours left...

the exhaust will have to do just now, its the right size of bore,
The internal diameter is the same as the yz250..

job done got it goin with 15 t front sprock and 39 rear.still to much top end but still spat me off ... felt like a good banshee. wen the band kick in the spunk went every where. i will up load a vid tomorro o a fried ma piston aswell so ive got it stripped and its getting rebored new piston and a we bit o port work done. also its an excuss to buy a 14 front and 42 rear sprock and paint the engine

Bet that thing moves along pretty fast at idle with 15/39's. LOL.. I use 12/40 but we ride some tight trails. Why the hole in the piston? :eek:

Sounded like 1st & 2nd. Way too high gearing. You don't want it to bog when ya ask it for wheel spin. As you have seen, it will be fun! :) More video!