Yet another wanna be engine builder

maybe he doesent know that green paper gaskets are bad...

Maybe he doesn't know 67.75 is not big bore8-|
Green gaskets are complete junk and if he is building blaster motors he should know that.One search on the net would reveal that!

Blaster don't have motors.............They have engines. Blenders have motors.

We’ve all seen this before and know what to expect. Words are cheap and people love to save money. This basically guarantees that this joker will get some of the market share. I wish him luck. “Builders” like this are their own worst enemy. Who knows.......He may be a great builder.............But does he know how to ship? Like the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side (that's because my dog is sh*tting on it).

^^^^^^^You getting all technical on me now!!!! lol

The Oxford English Dictionary defines “motor” as a machine that supplies motive power for a vehicle or other device with moving parts. Similarly, it tells us that an engine is a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion. “We use the words interchangeably now,” says Fuller. “But originally, they meant very different things.”

“Motor” is rooted in the Classical Latin movere, “to move.” It first referred to propulsive force, and later, to the person or device that moved something or caused movement. “As the word came through French into English, it was used in the sense of ‘initiator,’ ” says Fuller. “A person could be the motor of a plot or a political organization.” By the end of the 19th century, the Second Industrial Revolution had dotted the landscape with steel mills and factories, steamships and railways, and a new word was needed for the mechanisms that powered them. Rooted in the concept of motion, “motor” was the logical choice, and by 1899, it had entered the vernacular as the word for Duryea and Olds’ newfangled horseless carriages.

“Engine” is from the Latin ingenium: character, mental powers, talent, intellect, or cleverness. In its journey through French and into English, the word came to mean ingenuity, contrivance, and trick or malice. “In the 15th century, it also referred to a physical device: an instrument of torture, an apparatus for catching game, a net, trap, or decoy,” says Fuller.

In the early 19th century, the meanings of motor and engine had already begun to converge, both referring to a mechanism providing propulsive force. “The first recorded use of ‘engine’ to mean an electrical machine driven by a petroleum motor occurs in 1853,” says Fuller.

Today, the words are virtually synonymous. “Language evolves to take on new tasks,” she explains. “Without thinking about it, we adapt to new meanings and leave the old behind.” We talk about our computer’s dashboard, unaware that in the 1840s, the word referred to the board at the front of a carriage that stopped mud from being splashed on the coachman. Similarly, the term “search engine” harks back to the older meaning of “engine” as a contrivance, suggests Fuller. First used in 1984 to mean “a piece of hardware or software,” the phrase may have been informed by Charles Babbage’s 1822 use of “engine” to mean a calculating machine.

The related word “engineer” was first used in 1380 to describe the constructor of military engines like siege works and catapults, and by the early 18th century, referred specifically to the maker of engines and machines. The OED lists a second definition of “engineer” as well. “It is synonymous with the older usage meaning ‘artifice,’” says Fuller. “An engineer is an author or designer of something, a person who contrives a plot, a schemer.” A definition one can only hope will soon pass from common usage.—

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha

this joker.

i think this joker was on here before, possibly the guy who never sent you the money order for the flywheel or head you sent him in florida ?
i searched but can't find his profile, but that fixinblasters ebay name sure rings a bell ?

and my blasters, truck and car all have ENGINES, my cordless drill has a MOTOR I:I

Dudes a jackass I had a couple blaster parts on ebay and keep sending me messages on them asking the stupidest questions. I had a jug on there and I said it was scored and needed a bore and he asks is it ready to mount and ride? I said no then he replies well it's to much money and I said don't bid on it. (Bid was up to $34) I had to block him on ebay.

The sleeve doesn't look thick enough to handle a 72mm bore. Does anyone know of any sleeve that is thick enough to handle a range of 66 to 72mm and what would be the thermal characteristics of a steel sleeve that thick pressed into an aluminum cylinder casting?

LA Sleeve makes a Blaster repair sleeve. They make one for the Banshee as well. The sleeve is designed to be used when the skirt of the cylinder breaks off but the wall is so thick it can also be used as a big bore sleeve. It’s basically a big bore sleeve with a smaller inside diameter. The sleeve can be bored 66mm – 73mm.
No problems with heat on my end.

Thanks, Ken. I know the deboring used to be somewhat popular in the old days. A guy I know has a Selvy 200R and years ago I picked up a 200cc Tecate debore piston set. I wasn't around it much but do remember seeing the debored 2 strokes running again 200X's at a couple of flat track races. Take about an unfair match up, 2 strokes vs 4 strokes of the same displacement.

Same guy still an ahole. Opened a case against me because I charged him $10 to ship a stator and flywheel to Florida from PA. Said I was charging him double the amount. And jeez that's a lot of paper gaskets......

Same guy still an ahole. Opened a case against me because I charged him $10 to ship a stator and flywheel to Florida from PA. Said I was charging him double the amount. And jeez that's a lot of paper gaskets......

he'll lose that case !

Already did lose it lol. I mean if your gonna complain about $10 shipping don't bid. And I paid $9 to ship it anyways.

Green gaskets are finished garbage and in the event that he is building blaster engines he might as well know that.one seek on the net might uncover that!