Yamaha parts interchange, What parts work/fit on a Blaster?

ftl900

Okay, I'm pretty new here, but I know the YZF450 rear shock is a do-able swap into the Blaster with some mods. (Edited to correct)

What else works??

Please specify if it's a direct swap, or if it requires modification, and roughly how MUCH modification is needed- light grinding, spacers, adapters, bracket replacement, etc.

24dd_1.JPG

Last edited:
banshee from shocks are a dirrect bolt on and no need for a widening kit. yfz450 shocks can be bolted on with a dimond j widening kit with the shock conversion. 400ex rear shock also mounts up with some work. theres more, just cant rember

Okay, I'm pretty new here, but I know the YZF450 rear shock is a direct bolt-up swap into the Blaster.

What else works??

Please specify if it's a direct swap, or if it requires modification, and roughly how MUCH modification is needed- light grinding, spacers, adapters, bracket replacement, etc.

24dd_1.JPG

the yfz is not a direct bolt on. you have to use washers on the top to make it fit sung, and second it will raise your blaster up about 3". so you would need to buy a rear lowering kit.

Ya know, I realized that about 3 a.m. I had been looking at the rear shock swap a few days earlier, and had that in my mind when I wrote it. Early this morning, I realized that I was thinking about the Banshee front shocks being a straight swap.

Thanks for setting me straight!

im preety sure theres a post in DIY threads about installing a 400ex rear shock on a blaster..but yeh theres some mods

do i need the linkage from the yfz450 rear shock or will the one from the blaster work? the +3up will be great for my fat ass lol with me on it sits a little low in the back