Bought a blown up blaster... need your input

Quaddork669

Mar 14, 2017
I agreed to buy a purple blaster ('95 from what I've read on here) was told it was running with a fresh top end but when it showed up, the motor was locked up. I bought it anyway, cheap.

Nobody around me has Blasters, so I've never worked on one and have limited experience with them. I bought this just to have another quad around and give me something to tinker with.

I've been reading on here about swapping parts off other quads, my question is with these part swaps are they direct bolt ons or do they require modifications?

I'm asking if you guys could be so kind as to give me a list of parts I can swap out to upgrade my Blaster. Also if theres anything I need to modify to make them work.

As for the motor, I found a Wiseco piston/Hot Rods Crank kit on ebay for $325. What else would you recommend for the motor as far as reeds, pipe etc.? This will only be a woods bike, perhaps make it into a spare quad for my daughter to race in youth XC class if something happened to her Raptor 250R.

Thanks for any help you can offer. If i'm missing anything I need please let me know.

Bryan

As to the motor, you need to inspect the cases closely for any cracks from a broken piston, very common !! Then you need to have the cylinder measured to see what you need to bore to. Then you buy the piston before boreing so that the machinist can get the bore size perfect.

As far as upgrades, there are far to many to list. Just use the search function. Most write-ups have good explanations , and if you have questions then you can post something more specific .

Reactions: blasterboy91
There's no such thing as a stupid question so ask away. You can make any part fit on any machine with enough money/time. Any question you have that you don't wanna post, go to google and type your question there, but at end of it put 'blasterforum' and you'll get direct links to this site.

Bryan, you have lots of old threads to read through.
Hot rodding these things is pretty much a known formula.
1) Rechambered cylinder head such as this on the left (stock on the right):
427174_10151168912820803_1690350583_n.jpg

Set your squish gap to around 0.030".
2) Get a good pipe, the stock one is a bit limiting.
3) open up the airbox lid. Do it in a way to keep dirt and water out.
There is more but this will jump you from 17hp to about 25hp.