WR200 swap question

JdmhatchR

Oct 21, 2012
Hi all,
I'm building a blaster with a Yamaha WR200 engine (same as DT200). The mount on my engine (where it bolts to the swingarm) is about 5-6 mm larger (3mm left and 3mm right) as the stock engine mount...Can I cut/trim my engine mount a little bit, or should I cut/trim my swingarm? Everything else bolts up with no problems...

Thanks in advance!!

I'd look at trimming down the engine cases (professionally machined, not hacked with a grinder)
as the swingarm has bearings, sleeves and seals that will need dealt with if trimming it.

I also have a complete wr bottom end and tranny if your looking. (Case Reed intake)

Are you sure the casings are the same? I have a case reed intake WR200 and the mounts are located a little differently to the DT and YFS. post some pics

Damn blaner, you are right... They don't have the same cases. The WR cases are a little bit different, so i need to weld some mounts to the frame... I was told they have the same cases, but not so many people in Belgium know the WR 200..Not a big problem, but a little extra work. Thanks all!

the clutch pivot arm is on the right hand side, not the left as in the blaster - easy way to check. All you need to do is make some brackets that bolt to the frame and then onto the motor. No need to weld a the frame. I havent quite got there yet, id like to see your mounting solution!

So you mean I should bolt some kind of a bracket to the frame mount? I don't thinks it's going to work that way... As you can see, the front engine mount needs some work too, so I can lower the front of the engine a little bit... Even when I do that, I don't think the engine won't be as horizontal as it should be. Because the stock frame mounts will hit the engine. I hope you can understand, my english isn't that great :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 324
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 335
Ok, thats a handy pic, thanks. Ya it looks like you (And I) will need to cut off the front frame mounts and fabricate up some new ones. I hope the motor levels out before it hits the actual tubes of the frame...

Bit off topic.

I see your coil mount bracket is broken. Mine was broken in the same spot as that. Starting to look like that's a part that cracks easy as I have seen a photo of another one.

Yeah I've seen it too, have to fix the coil mount....
I think the motor levels out just fine with new brackets.
I will post some pictures when I get some work done!

Hi all,
I'm building a blaster with a Yamaha WR200 engine (same as DT200). The mount on my engine (where it bolts to the swingarm) is about 5-6 mm larger (3mm left and 3mm right) as the stock engine mount...Can I cut/trim my engine mount a little bit, or should I cut/trim my swingarm? Everything else bolts up with no problems...

Thanks in advance!!

Trim the Swingarm. I had the same issue on my KTM Blaster built.

Steve