Wireless Providers?

AT Blaster

Mar 8, 2009
Indiana
I work in the wireless industry and I know people get rather passionate when defending their wireless provider.

I'm not wanting this to turn into a battle over who's balls are bigger.....

Who is your wireless provider and what is it you like the best about them?

I have 2 phones....... One is with Verizon and one is with AT&T. Next month I will be condensing down to one line with one provider.

Here's what I like best:

Verizon: Signal, phone selection, price

AT&T: Signal, data speeds, customer service, phone selection, price

How about you guys? If you like, please include what you dislike about your wireless provider....

PLEASE, DO NOT BASH OTHER PROVIDERS!!!!!!

uscellular is kinda lame sense it never has any of the cool phones that verison and at&t have but i have NEVER lost service with uscellular adn never had any trouble...so i like it

I have verizon and love it.
I get a great signal almost everywhere except for a few deadzones where no phones on any service get a signal. They have a lot of phones to choose from. From my experience with verizon I love it and havent had a problem

I got Verizon, I like them.
They are the only game in town for my area so big ups to them for putting a tower around.

I have sprint/nextel and have no complaints.But how can I the company I work for pays the bill.lol The 2 way is a good thing to have in my line of work.

im with 3 which i think is the uk version of at&t

some of the deals they do are very good but its a bit of luck when it come to getting a signal some phones are excellent but a lot of them are crap for getting a signal
also because im near the end of my contract thier phoning me everyday trying to give me another deal which is just plain annoying:( and they wont let me cancel by email or phone i actually have to write a letter.

I have Verizon and love it. I am a major texter, it takes roughly 2 seconds to send a text which is pretty fast in my opinion. I have service almost everywhere, most of the time 3-5 bars which is plenty to do anything with. Data isn't super fast, but it isn't dialup either. Lets just say I can get on Facebook and MySpace in school on my phone without any problems. The phones are nice. If you go with a new phone, get the $5 a month insurance just incase something would happen to go wrong.

i have us cellular an love it so far... been with them for 10 years now... lol gets good signal just about every where i go except my parents but yet again its a dead zone for everything even DISH!!!!!

Wow...... More diverse than I expected!

I'm actually a sales manager for a wireless company which is why I carry two phones. I have my personal line and a work line.

My personal line I have had for just over 10 years. Up until last month, I was completely satisfied with them. While I was pissed at the level of customer service I recieved, that is not the reason I am condensing to one provider. It just gets annoying paying 2 different bills with two different companies.

Plus, the company I worked for prior to the one I do now didn't offer any discounts on personal lines for employees. The new one does. I will actually be able to have all 3 lines (my work, personal and the wifes) on one account and pay less than I do for I do for just the 2 on the other provider.

How about your customer service/policy experiences. Have you guys been satisifed?

As for this......

1. I asked that no one bash another provider (don't understand your thinking here)
2. This is exactly what pisses me off about the power of media.
- I am not speaking on behalf of either company here but if you do some research you might learn a little about these commercials as well as the network abilities of each company. One company operates on CDMA while the other operates on GSM. They both have uniquie qualities that make them equally great depending on your needs. I can say this, from personal experience I believe I like a GSM network better than CDMA. I still haven't decided which way I am going to go but I absolutely LOVE the freedom GSM offers!

Don't take offense man, I just don't know what your motives were in posting this link. The commercials are all over as well as the reprocussions. Check this link:

AT&T sues Verizon over 'there's a map for that' ads -- Engadget

Pay particular attention to the first paragraph as well as the second which I believe to be a quote from AT&T.....

Thanks for your responses guys!

How do you feel about the level of customer service you have recieved?

im with verison( was all tel tell they merged) only complaint i have is doing battery pulls on my phone.. but its normal for the blackberrys anyone that has a BB knows what im talking about, thats the only thing i dont like BUT its the phones not the providor..

we have 5 ppl on one account,

my wife, mom, sister, newphew and me, my wife and i pay around 70 a month together. would only be 50 but its $20 for the blackberry service, but its nice cos having that everyone on the account gets free text, pic and vid mail,

i was with sprint for 4 years untell all the sudden my bills were 300-500 a month!!! ( i had 4k any time minutes) and they were tellin me i was going over, i used my phone for work when i worked for dish network but my calls were norally 5 min at most 3-4 times a day, work related, the rest was text... ( 9k texts a month) yes its possible when you sent mass texts to everyone in your phone all the time

My personal phone is AT&T, and I don't have any complaints. Service is exceptional and my little experience with customer service is as well. My company phone is Sprint/Nextel and it is horrible, in my opinion. Service is spotty, I do not have any service at my house (which defeats the purpose of having a company phone in cases of job-related emergencies). It could just be the area that I live though, I don't know. The two-way is a nice feature to have, I will give them that. I cannot speak for their customer service though as I have never had to deal with them. As stated above though, I don't pay the bill so it's not a big deal to me ;)

Customer Service at Verizon:
Well... it's pretty good. As I said in my previous post, I would recommend getting the $5 a month insurance, just incase anything goes wrong. I had an LG Voyager that broke several times and it was covered perfectly. The employees would activate the new phone for me if I brought it to them, or you can activate online. I never had to get in any big arguments with them, and they normally will make you happy with their service.