Wildcard Cylinder / Head

tihs

Dec 16, 2008
TN
I just received my 240 head and cylinder back from Wildecard.
the whole process was great, Brandon informed me of what he was going to do and an issues that he found with the cylinder and we worked on a way to get them fixed before he started to do any work.

My Setup that i sent him
La Sleeve Cylinder that was installed by Snyder Motorsports
head that machined by floteck for the 240

he Rechambered the head ( which i thought floteck would have done so i was not expecting much change here)

here is the head that floteck did
229-head-work-done-flotek.jpg

here is what i received back from Wildcard
PB070606.JPG

here is the head compared to a stock head.
PB070608.JPG

Then Brandon had to call me with some bad news about the cylinder.
when Synder motorsports installed the sleeve and matched the ports they made the ports to tall and the front transfer ports to wide for Brandon to get the correct specs on it. So Brandon decked the cylinder to lower the cylinder to get the correct Port timing and tried to fix the transfers as best as he could.

Decking the cylinder
PB070616.JPG

Intake
PB070617.JPG

PB070612.JPG

PB070611.JPG

PB070610.JPG

PB070609.JPG

PB070613.JPG

I also received a new Piston a Wossner - they supply La Sleeve with the big bore blaster pistons

PB070620.JPG

and a new Top End Gasket kit.

PB070622.JPG

i should be able to, he cut the head in a little to help with the decking on the cylinder.

can you run pump gas with that head looks like it has no gasket suface at all....looks nice man

u cant tell anything from porting pics.....bolt it on and then tell us how she runs....and tihs...did u get that piston on ebay......im looking for a 72mm forged piston

also i wouldve thought that the la sleeve would have the triple exhaust ports or the boyeson ports on the intake.....they say the la sleeve comes ported already....hmmm

u cant tell anything from porting pics.....bolt it on and then tell us how she runs....and tihs...did u get that piston on ebay......im looking for a 72mm forged piston

Nope this is the piston that Brandon got for me, i think he said that wiesco is not making the 72mm piston anymore, Wossen is a good forged piston.

i understand....im just saying i thought they advertised those sleeves pre ported

ahhh yea, I remember seeing that some where also, would be nice if one of the builders would kick on how the porting on the sleeve is stock.

that head looks very scary to me, before you fire that you need to do a squish check and compression, the head looks to be cut for torque with that wide band, but to deck the cylinder, shave the head to nothing is wild alright, how much of a step is in the head?

thats what i thought looks like its milled all the way down......deff gunna need race gas or sumpin....deff check the compression before you fire it up

that head looks very scary to me, before you fire that you need to do a squish check and compression, the head looks to be cut for torque with that wide band, but to deck the cylinder, shave the head to nothing is wild alright, how much of a step is in the head?

i have a wildcard ported cylinder and head on the sons blasty and the head looks the same as that one and that blasty runs absolutly sick on 93 octane