Wildcard Cylinder / Head

they do it because if they don't you guys would freak out, pics would be posted and the saying would be "look at this port job they didn't even do the intake" and every one thats never ported a cylinder would say man you got ripped off thats dude sucks, so they grind all the paint off where no fuel or air goes, make the hole bigger to have more volume that usually means a slower velocity but I'll wait for Kennedy or Flotek to give concrete evidence, I ran very hi-performance 2 strokes over 80 hp on the 250 and the intake was not a huge deal, maybe with a blaster I'm wrong I'll wait for them

they do it because if they don't you guys would freak out, pics would be posted and the saying would be "look at this port job they didn't even do the intake" and every one thats never ported a cylinder would say man you got ripped off thats dude sucks, so they grind all the paint off where no fuel or air goes, make the hole bigger to have more volume that usually means a slower velocity but I'll wait for Kennedy or Flotek to give concrete evidence, I ran very hi-performance 2 strokes over 80 hp on the 250 and the intake was not a huge deal, maybe with a blaster I'm wrong I'll wait for them

both kennedy and flowtech do that to the intake port you would know that if you did a little research...
i see it done on all the agressive trail jobs and dune and drag port jobs...
the blaster has a terrible port design from the 70s there just bringing it into the 21st century..

I know they do, out of fear of you that don't know any better, its all about degrees not about how much paints removed

I know they do, out of fear of you that don't know any better, its all about degrees not about how much paints removed

i highly doubt that they sit for hrs on end with a grinder......just because they think that we would say nothing was done.........i guess boyeson ports are for looks too then

I'm waiting for them, you sent your cylinder to one of them so you must not know, I once had a RZ ported and it looked like ass, I almost didn't run it looked that bad but did anyway, fastest 350 ever, thats when I learned looks are for girls not for porting, and you don't use a grinder for porting.

Start a new thread and I will post my experience from the dyno, track testing, and input from other top engine builders.
I do not want to say my thoughts on this thread
START A NEW THREAD!

I'm waiting for them, you sent your cylinder to one of them so you must not know, I once had a RZ ported and it looked like ass, I almost didn't run it looked that bad but did anyway, fastest 350 ever, thats when I learned looks are for girls not for porting, and you don't use a grinder for porting.

u rright i dont know about porting..but i do know that he did not do the work for looks.....and this is coming from a guy who said a blaster cant have 180 psi.......that was until a vid came out and proved u wrong

I missed the vid where is it? and a blaster can have 200 psi but comp. builds heat alot of heat and in an air cooled motor thats a bad idea, I never said you can't have 180

ok now why? I would love to see you rip around with that much compression, it makes little to no sense, I seen a pro 250 supercross bike that had 190 lbs. and said man thats a ton and the mechanic said you can do it here (supercross) he's off the gas alot it would never last at an outdoor national.

ok now why? I would love to see you rip around with that much compression, it makes little to no sense, I seen a pro 250 supercross bike that had 190 lbs. and said man thats a ton and the mechanic said you can do it here (supercross) he's off the gas alot it would never last at an outdoor national.

what makes little to no sense?
i rip on my bike all the time.. i dont get your comment.

guys you need to understand I am not trying to fight with anyone nor make me look smarter than you, I have talked with many people, very educated people, factory Yamaha people they win at the highest level of GP racing, always a 2 stroke and when they talk I listen, and there are things that for reliability and performance you just don't do, now aside from saying that gauge could be wrong I'm not you say you rip on it, I'm saying you trail ride it at best on and of the gas, I would like to see a vid of you drag racing 1st thru 6th a couple times, you know what no I wouldn't keep on riding your doing good