WHy is rod coming loose?!?!?!?!

Might not help, but my suggestion is to be sure the threads are 100% clean and free of oil residue before applying the loctite. Even the smallest bit of oil on either the nut or adjuster threads can prevent the loctite from bonding. I have had the same problem with the chain drive sprocket on my Stihl pole saw. Its retaining bolt kept coming loose (despite having leaft-hand threads!) until I realized that the threads weren't clean enough for the threadlocker to bond...

Might not help, but my suggestion is to be sure the threads are 100% clean and free of oil residue before applying the loctite. Even the smallest bit of oil on either the nut or adjuster threads can prevent the loctite from bonding. I have had the same problem with the chain drive sprocket on my Stihl pole saw. Its retaining bolt kept coming loose (despite having leaft-hand threads!) until I realized that the threads weren't clean enough for the threadlocker to bond...

Ah, finally some good help. Thx, ill try it. Lets hope taking the cover off again doesn't tear the gasket.

X-222 on clean threads !!

The cover gasket if both surfaces are good either grease on both sides of gasket or 3bond one side grease other, if bad surfaces 3bond one , Permatex or silicon other.

I would also inspect both rods and the ball.Make sure the ends of the rods are not all boogered up.Something is going on in there for sure.

Is the washer installed under the nut? Is the clutch ball missing or beat up?

Its all there.

I would also inspect both rods and the ball.Make sure the ends of the rods are not all boogered up.Something is going on in there for sure.

Ill inspect them.

Pretty sure the locktite did not bond. When i took cover off, it was not on rod. Ill clean with brake cleaner and re lock tite it.