Bought a blaster project/clutch assembly

Toby Mosher

Sep 6, 2023
So I bought a blaster with a bad clutch. The clutch was already tore down by the previous owner. Got a new clutch and putting it back together. My question is does anyone here have a yamaha assembly breakdown or directions to assemble it. I see the alignment dots and get that. What's up with the titty on the steel plates? Do those line up with the dots as well?

So I bought a blaster with a bad clutch. The clutch was already tore down by the previous owner. Got a new clutch and putting it back together. My question is does anyone here have a yamaha assembly breakdown or directions to assemble it. I see the alignment dots and get that. What's up with the titty on the steel plates? Do those line up with the dots as well?
Evenly spread them out the best u can..they won't be exactly even tho. Just doesn't even out..just try n balance it the best you can

Reactions: Toby Mosher
Sounds good. What do you run for oil 10w40 or ATF?
Personally I run rotella t4 just because it's cheaper by the gallon..I've never ran atf but I've heard it talked about before..I used to run regular Castrol GTX years ago but with all the additives and crap that put in oils today you really have to check the ansi ratings or whatever it is that says it's safe for wet clutches..I know the rotella is and the old Castrol GTX used to be..but unless your racing or beating the snot out of all the time then any wet clutch safe oil should be ok..

Personally I run rotella t4 just because it's cheaper by the gallon..I've never ran atf but I've heard it talked about before..I used to run regular Castrol GTX years ago but with all the additives and crap that put in oils today you really have to check the ansi ratings or whatever it is that says it's safe for wet clutches..I know the rotella is and the old Castrol GTX used to be..but unless your racing or beating the snot out of all the time then any wet clutch safe oil should be ok..
ok cool drink another one

If you use atf you have to change it more often. Any oil that is grade SM or less, or as long as it doesn’t have friction modifiers .
I use Shell Rotella T4 15-40.
Actually in everything

Reactions: Whatsup2day
I know its been a long time since I asked a question here, you say you use Rotella T4 15-40 in everything. Could I use it in an polaris sportsman 800 efi big boss 6x6 that calls for 2w -50? I really dont want to spend 50 bucks on 2 qts and a filter. Whats up with the goofy numbers??