why does my car hate me???

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
so i have a 94 mazda 626 v6 5 speed shes old, but runs like a top!!! 228k miles, just installed a new exedy pro kit clutch, and pass side axle, and timkin axle seals, oem gear oil ( $10 a quart gl4) along with a new front motor mount, thats filled with window weld.. $600 in parts and labor later... its a hoot to drive.. v6 that makes power to 7k + rpms, true cold air intake, exedy clutch, solid front mount, gutted cat, glass pack and dc sports resonated tip, probe gt blade rims

IMG01036-20110520-2021.jpg

IMG01037-20110520-2021.jpg

the car is leaking gear oil,

we thought it was the drain plug gasket when we did the clutch so we swapped gaskets on it...

i took it to my buddys shop lastnight to check out a vibration, which was minor, the new axle wasnt seated right..

weelllllll we found the gear lube leak.. trans case is cracked.. so a combination of the old wore mount, broken center lower mount, and the support bar bushing being wore, and the wheel hop issue at the drag strip cracked the case!!! found a trans from a probe gt ( shorter 1st and 2nd gears) for $300 about 40 min away.. so 3 bills on a trans and another 150 for labor... and gonna relace the drivers side axle right away. so im gonna be over 2 grand into this car by the end of the week ughhh

before i did the clutch i thought about just sellin it... i kinda wish i woulda now.. now it would be retarded to sell it with how much i have into it!! soo i guess its jdm klze swap in spring, jdm maf and jdm ecu... headers and cat back

damn man, sucks when that happens, just had the front axles and bearings done on our dodge ram, luckily it has a lifetime powertrain warranty so it cost us 5 dollars, lol

Perhaps your car doesn't dislike you as much as it dislikes drag racing.....

my thoughts exactly , since when is a mazda 626 a drag car, especially one that is almost ready for a rocking chair

my thoughts exactly , since when is a mazda 626 a drag car, especially one that is almost ready for a rocking chair

lol!! its not a drag car.. its a fun daily driver.... no lookin for simpathy just sharing my iritation

cmon now.. 4 doors of fun son!!!

im pretty excited for the motor swap though, this is how it should throw down with the klze

Last edited by a moderator:
update:

went for a hour and a half drive today to pick up the new trans, came out of a 96 probe gt with 186k on the clock, car looked good so im accumin the trans was treated good also ( motor broke timing belt so they junked it)

bought more parts after work, new axle seals, drivers side axle ( to match the new pass side we just put in) 3 bottles of 75 90 syn blend gear oil, and a new lower center mount...

car was supposto go on the lift tonight but buddy had along day so he didnt wanna start on it tonight, when its on the lift we will also be repairing and modifiing the shift linkage and brackets for a firmer more presise shift :)

im not trying to disrespect you or anything, im just speaking from experience from being a mechanic.. but the 626 are some of the worst cars that i've ever worked on... i woudln't recommend a 626 to my worst enemy. everytime i've never seen one that works perfectly or in good shape, they blow headgaskets left and right, leak this and that.. i would go ahead and just sell it and take the 2k buy a civic, and have a nice reliable car... thats just me though..

im not trying to disrespect you or anything, im just speaking from experience from being a mechanic.. but the 626 are some of the worst cars that i've ever worked on... i woudln't recommend a 626 to my worst enemy. everytime i've never seen one that works perfectly or in good shape, they blow headgaskets left and right, leak this and that.. i would go ahead and just sell it and take the 2k buy a civic, and have a nice reliable car... thats just me though..

like said do a k-swap put a bit of honda lightning in that mazda ford :p, or do a sr20det swap,, if the body and chassis are good why not keep that and do a nice swap

like said do a k-swap put a bit of honda lightning in that mazda ford :p, or do a sr20det swap,, if the body and chassis are good why not keep that and do a nice swap

its easier to put a honda motor in a honda, even k swaps in eg's cost thousands.. never heard of a sr in an 626.. would probably involve custom fab work.. if there is no sentimental value in the car, smartest thing to do is to find something else.

its easier to put a honda motor in a honda, even k swaps in eg's cost thousands.. never heard of a sr in an 626.. would probably involve custom fab work.. if there is no sentimental value in the car, smartest thing to do is to find something else.

just like droppin a yz490 in a blaster just takes a lil ingenuity haha ive seen an AE86 with a sr20 in it so the weird hybrids are out there im sure

i would never stick a honda motor in anything!! only swap this car would see is a klze on juice!

friend of mine has a k swapped civic coupe, with k pro, intake, header and cat back.. stock internals stock head stock cames stock intake.. car runs 13.4 on street tires

i would never stick a honda motor in anything!! only swap this car would see is a klze on juice!

friend of mine has a k swapped civic coupe, with k pro, intake, header and cat back.. stock internals stock head stock cames stock intake.. car runs 13.4 on street tires

join the red army...join us muhahahahaa

join the red army...join us muhahahahaa

nope!! im much happy with my close to 200 wheel torque :D and almost matching hp I:I

update.....

trans is out, case was cracked almost all the way around, front mount filled, trans mount filled, and rear motor mount half filled, hour and a half and the trans was on the floor, will be rollin tommroe night ;)