Anyone else have the "Bug"...

Charles

Random thought poster
May 31, 2015
Montcalm Co., MI
...the wheeling and dealing "Barter Bug" that is?

The last year has been a whirl wind of trades and deals for me...lol

I traded a Running generator for a non running, Yamaha Moto 4 quad. I rebuilt the Moto 4 for $125.00, the thing is like brand new!

I traded a AR for my new to me 1996 F250 wood hauler. She aint much to look at, but only has 109,000 original miles...event the A/C works! lol

I bought a 2004 KX250F for only $900, it only needed a kick starter and gear. Rode it last summer, then traded it for these two sleds 02 ZR600 EFI & 98 Indy 500 liquid cooled.

We decided we wanted to upgrade from tent camping to 5th wheel camping... easier with the 4yr old daughter and 2 dogs. So I decided to offer up the snowmobiles for trade. I got many cash offers, and then traded even up for this!!!

I picked up my Blaster for a measly $200...
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/laundry-baskets-of-blaster-parts.62079/

And then today I just picked this up. It is a 03 Grand Prix GT for $500. Picking up another motor with only 97,000 miles on it in the morning for $350. Will get it going and flip it or use for a work car, I have not decided yet.

Reactions: speedyslyder
:D Soon as I saw the truck, I thought Typical Mich. Truck. Looked, you're in MI.

My son and I have been doing a little also. Blaster for 325, real nice shape. New bore and crank seals, he traded for 86 Fiero , working a deal to swap for pontoon boat.

I bartered a Warrior top and bottom rebuild for a blaster needing little work. Warrior was little more work than I anticipated. BTW, labor only.

Also my son picked up a Banshee for 600, brand new 64 mm pistons in 64.5 holes:eek: and 18 cc domes. Evidence that it was ran for a bit, must have rattled like a bucket of marbles.,

:D Soon as I saw the truck, I thought Typical Mich. Truck. Looked, you're in MI.

My son and I have been doing a little also. Blaster for 325, real nice shape. New bore and crank seals, he traded for 86 Fiero , working a deal to swap for pontoon boat.

I bartered a Warrior top and bottom rebuild for a blaster needing little work. Warrior was little more work than I anticipated. BTW, labor only.

Also my son picked up a Banshee for 600, brand new 64 mm pistons in 64.5 holes:eek: and 18 cc domes. Evidence that it was ran for a bit, must have rattled like a bucket of marbles.,

:rolleyes: Stupid MI salt...

Nice scores. I would like to get another boat. I have a 14ft sea nymph that is all decked out for bass fishing small lakes that I need to find time to finish and trade off..:D

I've got the bug. I'm always looking for deals, and flips to keep me busy.

I've been slacking this summer though due to some home remodeling.

Hopefully soon some I'll stumble across something fun

Reactions: Charles
I know what you mean... Last summer We re roofed, re sided, decks, new pole barn, outdoor boiler install...lol crazy storm forced our hand into repairs, and turned into a lot more :D

I'm really considering selling my Buick Regal (work car) and just keeping this one. Its pretty much mint on both the exterior and interior. Loaded to the gills with bose stereo, leather, heated seats, moon roof.

Boy, a lot has gone on just since July this year lol!!! My wife says I have a sickness, and that I should seek help haha. Since last time I posted, I got the Grand Prix up and running, and have been driving it for my work vehicle since.

I cleaned up my Buick Regal (previous work car) and traded it for this 3rd Gen Iroc-Z Z28

Sold the F250 for $1900, and picked up this 88 Mustang Gt for $1200 with an unfinished motor! She was a diamond in the rough for sure lol... After some elbow grease, and a roller motor with a bunch of mods, she is a ripper!!! Started off by pulling the motor and replacing, then fixing the drivers floor pan, then all new carpet, and some new seats. Took me 2 clay bar treatments, and 3 waxings to get to this point.. haha.

Someone wanted to trade me their 03 Rev 800 snowmobile and $1200 for the Iroc-Z, so I couldn't pass that up lol!! Although, I wish I would of held on to it, as my daughter asks about once a week if I am going to buy back the red car cuz she really liked it...

After riding it around the yard without snow, and now realizing we might not even get snow this year, I sold the sled for $2700. Thing would of just hurt me anyways I suppose. Hard to judge being on grass, but the front end was extremely hard to keep on the ground with its clutch kit, pipes and can so...

I then made an offer on a 2002 Trailblazer that needed a motor. Guy wanted $500 for it, and had been sitting on it for over a month. I offered $150, and he seemed a bit insulted. He said he could get more in scrap than that. He called me about 2 weeks later, and said steel price is at an all time low, and I could come get it for the $150. I pounced on it!

I'm currently pulling the motor out in the shop. I found a replacement motor for $400, but had to drive 2hrs to go get it.

I've been kind of on the look out for a 3/4 ton pickup since selling the F250, and found this one listed at $2500 on craigslist with a 8ft Meyers plow on it. I called and made an offer that he said he would consider. I didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. He called me and said he would accept my offer if I came that day, and he could keep the off road diesel tank and toolbox. I agreed and made the 2.5hr drive. When I got there he said he was too lazy to remove them, and just took the pump off. He said it started running rough and he was not sure why, and would knock off $200 more for the issue. On my test drive, I stopped and hooked up my OBD ll scanner and a Mass air flow code shot up. I walked away paying only $1600 for the truck!!! Got it home, cleaned the MAF sensor, and it was good to go!

We just used the new pulling/plow truck to go pick up this 73' Project Ford High boy, and she ran great!
More to come soon, as I can't seem to stop lol