When petcocks off my bike runs better

Jun 15, 2015
San Antonio
So im trying to get to the root of why my blaster will idle an rev fine in neutral but when under load is boggy an lacks power, but when i turn my petcock off it starts to run great an gains back all its power untill it uses the residual fuel in the carb... So yall think my float level is off ive cleaned the carb twice, TORS eliminated, an suggestions would be helpfull

float could be off, or jetting way too rich.

turning off the gas starves the engine making it run extremely lean! so do not continue to do that!!!

Good to know will not do that again, i have my air screw put 2 turns 230 main running 40:1 unknown about the float level but im going to check that tomorrow morning

im leaning towards the floats
i had that problem once,although i did not turn off the gas
get you carb set up dead on/perhaps replace float needle and seat brand new,set float height
adjust airscrew and idle..then go from there
or you got a weak spark=bad grounds ect:)
compression test?? /leak test.
ngk b8es spark plug,clean unrestricted air filter/exhaust:)

Awsome yea PO has the air screw out 11 turns so im ganna have to tinker with it but the needle valve looked good im leaning towards floats an i addressed all grounds have a new plug would a bad crank seal cause these symptoms? I looked at the stator side an it looked good? Just curious cause my bike shop mentioned somthing like that

1 1/2 turns on airscrew = 540 degrees
im not sure if 11 turns is possible...
idle is under seat if you got's completly stock carb:)

Yea i counted just incase it was properly set which it wasent lol yea i was wondering what the hell that was?! Yea i adjusted my idle by using the cable adjustment on the thumbe throttle but ganna use the carb adjustment instead!

carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

Reactions: Blastahmastah1
Yet to do a compression or leak down an yea my exhaust seems free got a fmf an a ngk br9es but i havent looked at the header yet possibly it could be clogged an has a dirty k&n filter blew it out with compressed air

ditch the br9es plug.....that is a colder heat range plug.
the blaster takes a br8es or b8es....being the 8#is the heat range.
ditch it know get a 3 dollar ngk br8es,or ngk b8es.. know:D

only thing i have experimented with fouling is on a cr125 that recommends a b9es...
anoyone who has owned a cr125 knows it needs a b8es plug:
the blaster takes a b8 plug.....if you are fouling plugs it is not cuz of the heat range on the blaster.
stck with the b8 ngk plug/fresh gas good 2 stroke oil and figure it out..
noboby on here runs a b9 plug o_Oo_O....even with crazy porting/polish...mods
if you think it is fouling with a ngk b8 plug then something else is wrong and it is not your spark plug:)

Yea i just run the br9 in my cr250 an kx250 cause they kept fouling the 8 so i just went colder am have yet to have a fouled 9 just figured id stick with the 9 but ill go down to an 8

So I adjusted the float valve an it ran a but better but still not running right Nuetral it revs up fine through the rpm range like it has but not under load.... Reeds look brandnew an flat... I also noticed putting the bowl back on the carb is a pia an when i shake the carb there doesnt seem to be much movement of the float so i think my float may be getting hung up of not workin right but not to shure on that