When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, 3 whole days?! Yall must be going into withdraws....My spark plug boots come in the mail today. That's some progress...

I still have to go over to my buddies house and pick up my yellow blaster, it's been over there since busco LOL and swap out tires.

The main thing I've been working on the last few days is my air compressor. Tough to use air tools without an air compressor that works :(

Oh man, 3 whole days?! Yall must be going into withdraws....My spark plug boots come in the mail today. That's some progress...

I still have to go over to my buddies house and pick up my yellow blaster, it's been over there since busco LOL and swap out tires.

The main thing I've been working on the last few days is my air compressor. Tough to use air tools without an air compressor that works :(

hahahaha.... well hope you get the compressor working good.

i think this is the longest we have been without some progress. in no time this air compressor will be running on nitro and supplying half of nc... haha

i think this is the longest we have been without some progress. in no time this air compressor will be running on nitro and supplying half of nc... haha

hmmm...... blaster powered air compressor......

There's actually just been very little progress the last few days, been working on other stuff.

thats not a bad deal man..

you have over 2 weeks to ready. plenty of time. this might be your last chance to it out and and get a feel for what you need to do to setup it up good for next year.

I know this is the last chance and I really need the seat time and some time to play with jetting and gearing but I'm not sure I'm going to make this one either.

Money is the issue this time, not time. I've nearly got everything I want in place (or already in the mail) but I'm sure I'm not alone here.... busco kinda drained the finances a bit!

What's TNT and how did you know I would read this? Give me time to line up your parents for kid patrol, and we're there!

Thanks for clearing that up, Cole. I feel a little dumb, since James says, "Test & Tune" all the time. I should have put 2 and 2 together and assumed that was what he was talking about.

Where are you doing it and are there going to be a lot of people?

Thanks for clearing that up, Cole. I feel a little dumb, since James says, "Test & Tune" all the time. I should have put 2 and 2 together and assumed that was what he was talking about.

Where are you doing it and are there going to be a lot of people?

It's at busco on the 21st. It's a Friday night.

Alright interesting problem. Who else has ever had one of their two spark plugs not sparking?!

The source coil in the lighting coil position isn't firing. The rest of the ignition system is working because if I swap source coils, the other side fires.

The source coil is slightly suspect but so is its position... The source coil is JUST below the minimum resistance (book says 192 mine is at 165) listed but it's also in the wrong position (the lighting coil position instead of the source coil position). I'm not sure which would affect it the most LOL but I think I need to test the spare spare source coil and see if it's resistance is correct and then switch the good working source coil to the suspicious position to see if it's the position affecting it or a bad coil.

Tires supposed to be on Wednesday!

not exactly on the back burner. I have been busy with "other stuff" (welding cases and working on air compressors) and waiting on parts to arrive in the mail....

Have u considered using a single coil off an inline four that fires 2 plug leads at once? the timing would be simultaneous for ignition or even making a split single sparkplug wire? unless u are dedicated to having multiple timing? just a thought.

Have u considered using a single coil off an inline four that fires 2 plug leads at once? the timing would be simultaneous for ignition or even making a split single sparkplug wire? unless u are dedicated to having multiple timing? just a thought.

The problem is the charging/timing system.... I thought about a double wire coil but most motorcycles have a charging system and use a 12VDC system for the trigger. The blaster uses an AC charging system for the ignition. Anything I use that's not a complete aftermarket ignition system (which is in the plans at some point) would have to be "dirtbike style" with an AC charge coil supplying all of the power...

Status
Not open for further replies.