When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it were possible to power a motorcycle coil and trigger it with the stock set up ,my bro gabe builds voltage regulators that will convert the ac to 12v w a battery off the lighting coil. u could go small lithium 12v dc :) bet it would run it long enough to ride all day.he did one for his yt to run a high powered led head light he built.maybe with a battery set up u can eliminate the second source coil?

The banshee charging system and CDI is setup to use a multi-pole stator setup from a street bike (minus the normal regulator rectifier to convert it to DC voltage)

The blaster only has a single source coil (double pole instead of multi pole). I'm not sure how the banshee coil would work with a single blaster CDI and blaster source coil.

The plan is to prove that this thing will run and make a pass with this setup and then possibly upgrade to a automotive style ignition box and twin "can" coils good for about 40,000 volts each.

My tires and rims FINALLLLLLLLY came in on Firday and I went and got up with my buddy who has the tire changing machine in his shop. I switched the Kenda's onto the red labels (for my yellow blaster), the razr's onto the ITP delta steels (for my wife's blaster) and the sand haulers onto the black labels (for the dragger!)

I couldn't make it to the drags this weekend (last one for the year) but that just means I can work on it through the winter and get it 100% for this coming up season. Still gotta hammer out a source coil, a micro drilled jet kit, a bunch of gearing options, an adjustable upper link on the swingarm and an adjustable upper mount on the wheelie bar.

The pictures are excessively dark because I JUST took them. I'll get some more later on when the light's better...

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

So you want one for next season? I can start that SCD racing ez payment plan now. Have it done by spring time! :p

Thanks man, I'm glad I got the tires on now, disappointed I didn't make it this season for some seat time...

50% of something is better than 100% NOTHING. Seams to be comeing along how much have you put into it so far about $800?????? I'm not quite as patient I like to have everything maped out to a tee with all that I need together and make it a week or 2 project. BTW have you thought about the posability of a twist throttle providing more over rev. Than the stock throttle with the stopper provided it is far back and gives ample throttle. But with a twist throttle setup you can connect the ball on the end of the cable in 3 stages of throttle responce. (I know these arent for the blaster but note the 2 notches to control how your throttle responce reacts) just a thought.
Twister Tubes | ProTaper

$800 is a fair estimate for the way it sits now. The jet kit is another $65, the adjustable links are $30, and gearing changes are going to be upwards of $100 even if I get some good deals.

So you figure I'll be right at $1,000 all setup and ready to go for some test and tune....

Now I really need freek to crack open that blasty he's got and dig that over-ride out so I can shave off some more time...

I have trimmed and filed down a stock thumb throttle to the point I can run a PJ38 carburetor using it. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true, the thumb throttle designed for a 26mm carb can run a 38 with the right work done to it.

Last edited:
I have trimmed and filed down a stock thumb throttle to the point I can run a PJ38 carburetor using it. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true, the thumb throttle designed for a 26mm carb can run a 38 with the right work done to it.
Yea you gotta be able to make some money off of it at the races. Putting a grand into it or more if you have to. But the thing is nothing is standard on it anymore everything isjust an educated guess lol. Seriously that pipe is something else.
No it's not rediculous I've seen it done to a few banshee's at the sand drags (like they need it).....Just that I noticed the over rev on the 2 stroke dirtbikes are really great and figured it was the twist throttle cause the aluminum throttle tubes have stages/notches to help quicken their throttle responce off the line not that a 38mm would need it but just a thought.

Yea you gotta be able to make some money off of it at the races. Putting a grand into it or more if you have to. But the thing is nothing is standard on it anymore everything isjust an educated guess lol. Seriously that pipe is something else.
No it's not rediculous I've seen it done to a few banshee's at the sand drags (like they need it).....Just that I noticed the over rev on the 2 stroke dirtbikes are really great and figured it was the twist throttle cause the aluminum throttle tubes have stages/notches to help quicken their throttle responce off the line not that a 38mm would need it but just a thought.

The throttle is only the tool that opens the carburetor slide. As long as the throttle (no matter which form it takes) opens the slide completely, it's going to produce the same amount of power in the same time frame.

I'm not following how a twist throttle might help power output...

The throttle is only the tool that opens the carburetor slide. As long as the throttle (no matter which form it takes) opens the slide completely, it's going to produce the same amount of power in the same time frame.

I'm not following how a twist throttle might help power output...

He's gotta mean a larger or ramped wheel on a twist throttle. Twist to slide ratio. More slide travel with less twist, a little less throttle movement to wide open. I'd say he knows the throttle control dosen't make HP, LOL
I doubt you have room in your thumb throttle body for a longer arm without using your tig :) Mine's pretty hogged out to open the 40mm. The longer thumb stroke is really apparent when switching between a stock blaster and one with a modded throttle. I don't mind it but the Kid doesn't like it. Kids need everything to happen instantly!
Curious to know if draggers prefer thumb or twist.

He's gotta mean a larger or ramped wheel on a twist throttle. Twist to slide ratio. More slide travel with less twist, a little less throttle movement to wide open. I'd say he knows the throttle control dosen't make HP, LOL
I doubt you have room in your thumb throttle body for a longer arm without using your tig :) Mine's pretty hogged out to open the 40mm. The longer thumb stroke is really apparent when switching between a stock blaster and one with a modded throttle. I don't mind it but the Kid doesn't like it. Kids need everything to happen instantly!
Curious to know if draggers prefer thumb or twist.

Perhaps that's what he was talking about.... not entirely sure.

I have no idea which drag racers prefer. I prefer thumb so I can hold on for dear life with everything except my thumb and let just peg that throttle.

FYIW my buddie with the drag zilla had a twist on the zilla when he first got it and he had a very very hard time holding on. he switched to the thumb and likes way more

Damn ... I just read all 62 pgs of this thread. Very knowledgeable SI, and I'm highly impressed with the make it happen attitude you've had on this build, putting theory to action, it's highly motivating. And as far as the haters go, they don't have to ride it, so what should they care ... I smell a hint of jealousy in the fact that they arent (i.e. cant) do crazy fab like this themselves. Lookin forward to seeing this beast come to life for real... the double spark head is especially sick ...

Damn ... I just read all 62 pgs of this thread. Very knowledgeable SI, and I'm highly impressed with the make it happen attitude you've had on this build, putting theory to action, it's highly motivating. And as far as the haters go, they don't have to ride it, so what should they care ... I smell a hint of jealousy in the fact that they arent (i.e. cant) do crazy fab like this themselves. Lookin forward to seeing this beast come to life for real... the double spark head is especially sick ...

Did you JUST find this thread? LOL

I don't even worry about those sayer's of nay. I'm gonna do my own thing and if it works, great! If not, at least it was ALL MINE to fail.

Sand drags are shut down for the winter :( still trying to work a little magic with an unused field outside of town but it would take LOTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS of prep work to get it ready to roll.

Thanks, some people said the dual spark plug was a waste of time but I disagree, even if two spark plugs wasn't NECESSARY it's still pretty bitchin' I:I

Status
Not open for further replies.