Whats the fastest quad your Blaster has beaten?

Re: have a bet with a guy on a 250 ninja for a race need help

we are gona race 300 yards on asphalt. need to know what i can do to beat him. look at mod list to see what i have done any recomendations welcome. please help ..........

you should bet that guy like 100 bucks, b/c 250 ninja's are stupidly slow, your gonna smoke his ass real bad...make sure you start in second gear and lean forward real good, you should have no problem....let us kno how you do, and video that sh*t!!!!!I:I

What about a stock 450r? Anyone beaten one? I havnt ridden one yet but know someone thats bragging on his. Anyone beaten one with the blasty and if so what mods?

What about a stock 450r? Anyone beaten one? I havnt ridden one yet but know someone thats bragging on his. Anyone beaten one with the blasty and if so what mods?

I just saw you're from Adams county, that's pretty close to me. I live in Amelia, like 5 minutes from Batavia.

And I've had people say they could beat my "250" with a stockish 450 when I was at the dunes Saturday. Needless to say I smoked him.

Last edited:
I just saw you're from Adams county, that's pretty close to me. I live in Amelia, like 5 minutes from Batavia.

And I've had people say they want could beat my "250" when a stockish 450 when I was at the dunes Saturday. Needless to say I smoked him.

cool man ... What dunes you riding at? Im near west union. I used to live in milford.

cool man ... What dunes you riding at? Im near west union. I used to live in milford.

I was at Silver Lake in Michigan. I'll be going back before the season is over whenever I get some more money together. Riding in the sand is awesome. And you can go right to the beach at the dunes too.

i own a trx450er stock there's absolutely no way a yamaha blaster will outrun one.

i own a yamaha blaster with a 240 big bore kit, 3mm stroker crank, keihin34mm pj carb, delta vforce3 reeds and cage and a recent port job.
\it's still not fast enough to outrun the trx450r or er.

those atv's are built to race.
they have tons of horsepower torque and top end.

the trx450er weighs in at 364 pounds, that's a very lightweight atv, especially when you consider the blaster weighs in at 324.

the blaster can be made to really fly, but it will just not outrun the 450r.

it will outrun the ltz400 and the trx400ex and the raptor 350.

the trx450er has 46 hp stock

addding a hotcam usually takes it over 50 hp.

from what i have seen with a race port job, 240 big bore,3mm stroker, keihin 34mm pj, vforce3 reeds and cage, 14/39 gearing, 4 degree timing advance, custom built pro breather race exhaust.

my blaster is not even close to outrunning the trx450er i have.

and yes i have raced as well as my buddy who rides the blaster in the race.

iam not sure what else you can do to the blaster to make it faster.

but so far the blaster loses after 2nd gear and the 450er just walks off and leaves it after that. not even a hope of a chance.

the blaqster does make for a better riding trail bike, more controllable.

A drag blaster will kill a 450.
Were talking 60+ HP and alot less weight.
Unfortunately draggin is all you can do with it at that point.

Piped, jetted & chipped 450's are my Blasty's favorites :)

OMG that is so hillarious!! 450 atv's dont have power chips. they only have cdi boxes.
it is so hillarious listening to blaster owner bs.
i love hearing all the blaster owners brag about how fast theirs runs.
real dreamers i'll tell ya....

most of the blaster owners here have gotten really quiet since pulling out my radar gun.

i used to think the blasters were just absolutely super fast too, i own a stroke big bored and ported 1993 blaster.

til i bought a honda trx450er...

then i bought a radar gun because i got tired of the other blaster owners swearing their blaster would run 60 mph.
they were surprized that they were only doing 45-50 mph. if they modded them out completely.
got them all really quiet fast.

Last edited:
the trx450er has 46 hp stock

addding a hotcam usually takes it over 50 hp.

from what i have seen with a race port job, 240 big bore,3mm stroker, keihin 34mm pj, vforce3 reeds and cage, 14/39 gearing, 4 degree timing advance, custom built pro breather race exhaust.

my blaster is not even close to outrunning the trx450er i have.

and yes i have raced as well as my buddy who rides the blaster in the race.

iam not sure what else you can do to the blaster to make it faster.

but so far the blaster loses after 2nd gear and the 450er just walks off and leaves it after that. not even a hope of a chance.

the blaqster does make for a better riding trail bike, more controllable.

What year did the stock trx 450r get 46 hp stock??
Look at CT dyno, the stock trx 450r is 33.1 hp.
A pipe and jet gave it 42.1 hp.
But for only $1099.00 you can get over 55 hp on a trx 450r. That is nice. I:I

TRX450R