Whats the fastest quad your Blaster has beaten?

the 1989 through the 90's lt250 but it has to be the full floater swingarm with the round axle housing.

the pluses on this mod are, you get a really cool lightweight aluminum swingarm that is 2 inches longer than stock, and you get the quick adjust axle housing so that you can tighten the chain in a blink.

let em laugh, then find a cool cop who will let you compare his to the hw radar gun.

you can also have them check out the comparison video's on the hw radar gun for themselves. on youtube of course.

and yeah i know there are some tough blasters, but you are talking drag ported blasters that you basically can't ride on the trails or use for anything else.

going by my blaster (now my sons blaster) which has a race port job, 240bb kit, and 3mm stroker and many other mods. it wont outrun the trx450er.
it will outrun any 400cc 4 stroke made though.

it's a really strong blaster and still is my favorite atv to trail ride with.

honda 450s are weak i had one put the dasa exhaust on it and still wasnt impressed... and blaster will run with the 450s just go from a 3rd gear roll since 1st and 2nd is so short( a heavily modified blasty)... i sold the 450 and went to a ktm 525 ( it hauled the mail..)

OMG that is so hillarious!! 450 atv's dont have power chips. they only have cdi boxes.
it is so hillarious listening to blaster owner bs.
i love hearing all the blaster owners brag about how fast theirs runs.
real dreamers i'll tell ya....

most of the blaster owners here have gotten really quiet since pulling out my radar gun.

i used to think the blasters were just absolutely super fast too, i own a stroke big bored and ported 1993 blaster.

til i bought a honda trx450er...

then i bought a radar gun because i got tired of the other blaster owners swearing their blaster would run 60 mph.
they were surprized that they were only doing 45-50 mph. if they modded them out completely.
got them all really quiet fast.

Not to get into it but man you seem really on top of your stuff and got the radar gun and all that. But to say a modded blasty will only do 45-50 is ridiculous. You spoke alot of truthful stuff so far but now your just blowing smoke. Blaster isnt the fastest out there but it will definately do 45-50 even stock. Im hitting like 63 with the mild mods i got. Anyways.........
P.S... Oh i see your running a boost bottle on yours!!! hows that working out, heh?

Reactions: Paulie B
the 1989 through the 90's lt250 but it has to be the full floater swingarm with the round axle housing.

the pluses on this mod are, you get a really cool lightweight aluminum swingarm that is 2 inches longer than stock, and you get the quick adjust axle housing so that you can tighten the chain in a blink.

let em laugh, then find a cool cop who will let you compare his to the hw radar gun.

you can also have them check out the comparison video's on the hw radar gun for themselves. on youtube of course.

and yeah i know there are some tough blasters, but you are talking drag ported blasters that you basically can't ride on the trails or use for anything else.

going by my blaster (now my sons blaster) which has a race port job, 240bb kit, and 3mm stroker and many other mods. it wont outrun the trx450er.
it will outrun any 400cc 4 stroke made though.

it's a really strong blaster and still is my favorite atv to trail ride with.

The 85-86 LT250R's have the round axle carrier and the 87-92 have the full floater with the 91-92 having a RM type rear shock setup.

but you are talking drag ported blasters that you basically can't ride on the trails or use for anything else

duh all modes of transportation are more badass that way lol. full drag cars,trucks,motorcycles,4wheelers,3wheelers,sidebysides,boats,airplanes,tractors,segways, horses,mules,camels, yaks,emus,ostrich's,rickshaws,canoes,kayaks,
rc cars/trucks, bar stools,office chairs. oh yea and jack russell terriers.I:I

Reactions: Paulie B
the boost bottle doesn't do much of anything, it was an addition early on to see if it worked.
there's no noticeable difference with it or without it.

seriously put your blaster on a radar gun, i think you'll see you aren't getting 62 mph on a slightly modded blaster.

before i changed out the rear sprocket to a 39 tooth i was only topping out at 52mph.
iam going to put it on the radar again to see what the smaller sprocket is doing if anything.

the blaster can make some serious horsepower, but the top speed of them has been greatly exaggerated for many years.

maybe i'll do a video of the radar on the blaster.

the boost bottle doesn't do much of anything, it was an addition early on to see if it worked.

seriously put your blaster on a radar gun, i think you'll see you aren't getting 62 mph on a slightly modded blaster.

eh i dunno dude, i think with 14-40 and stock baloon tires it would make it. assuming we have reeds and a pipe

before i changed out the rear sprocket to a 39 tooth i was only topping out at 52mph.
iam going to put it on the radar again to see what the smaller sprocket is doing if anything.

the blaster can make some serious horsepower, but the top speed of them has been greatly exaggerated for many years.

maybe i'll do a video of the radar on the blaster.

hell yeah man, radar that sh*t!! what do you figure you top at now with your mods?

this is true i always say time and time again that blasters are not top speeders hell they acually feel like they slow down when you top out. blasters are quick and peppy thats whats so fun about them. if you want flat out top speed with little to no mods get a banshee or some 4stroke.every race i ever won on my blaster was from quicknes.quick out the hole and quick to the finish line and choose you battles wisely lets be honest any race longer than 250 300ft against almost any 400 450 660 whatever is a fail cause once you top out they fly by. i dont know much about trail and track riding so i caint speak on that.

not sure, but iam guessing no more 3-5 mph..

will check it this weekend.

the blaster is really good for low and mid range..
6th feels like it's putting along.
but you can get to 6th really quick.

i made lowering brackets for mine and if i put the shocks on the lowering brackets i can take off almost at full throttle without it standing up at all.

makes it really good for those bragging rights races.

ive beaten yfz450 race ready atvs on the track. but i have my blaster bored out so its 280cc...dont do it its not worth it tho, i blew the top end and costed be 400$ for just the pistion. but its fast as sh*t now lol :p

how did you get 280cc out of a blaster? you do realize there is no kit that can get you to that kind of displacement

i was really gonna tare into him for saying that but i left the oppertunity open for someone else....haha