What could this be caused by? * Pics. *

Daft Punk

May 3, 2009
Sudbury, Ontario
alright, So I've had a crank leak for a while now.. And I think Im getting to the end of it. I took off my front sprocket today, and started my blaster up.. Oil started pouring out of this tiny slice in my case.. Im wondering what the slice could be from, and is there a way I could temporarily fix it with something like JB weld?

Here are the pics..

Zoomed out
DSC00779.jpg

Zoomed In (Red Circle)

blasterslice.jpg

Thanks.

JB Weld would work to fix it. As well as several other expoxies. Quick Aluminum would work. Just about anything. I have no idea what would cause that, but its interesting none the less.

looks like the chain broke and got tangled up in there somehow making the hole, but yeah jb weld would do fine it dosnt hold pressure, just oil

Looks like the chain jumped at some point and made that gash. Same thing happened to me. I just fixed it with JB weld and its like there was not even a leak there.

Usually the chain snaps and breaks the clutch tab.It is a little unusual to me to see the hole right there and nothing else around it affected.I would think jb weld would work just fine in this situation.