vforce 4 vs stock cage

Some people report that there is a little gain in power and quite a lot of crisper throttle response.

If you are budget conscious, dual stage reeds will give nearly the same throttle response at a fraction of the cost.

If you are going with V force, go with V4s!

ok thanks blaaster. i have also been looking at getting a larger carb what size would be best?
my blaster has full fmf, ported and polish,timing mod, and a rechambered head. i mostly trail ride and occasionally get on a mx track if there is one where i happen to be riding

My Lads bike has virtually the same mods as yours, and it runs great with the stock 26mm carby.

Increase the carb size, you will gain some top end, but loose in the low/mid.

The FMF is a low/mid pipe and would benefit by staying with the smaller carb.

Pwk 28, an the vf4 are hands down the best reeds out there, no dual stage reed will touch the crispness an power gain of them, but on lightly modded engines they dont perform as well as exspected, but on mid level to hi level builds they make world of difference, ive run all sorts of different reeds an brands an reed cages vf4 spanks them all

After port job, head Rechambered, and good exhaust most people go to at least a 34mm carb. I prefer a larger carb myself. Me and Woodrow Wilson are the only ones running 38mm carbs on trail bikes (to my knowledge). We have heavily modded motors though.

If I were you I would get a toomey or DMC and get a 35mm keihin airstriker and intake.

Rich1 just posted a DMC in the for sale section.

thanks for the responses. and i checked out rich1's dmc and i cant afford that at the moment. but i'll keep my eyes peeled for another used dmc or toomey

it lower's the static pressure i believe but how much did you raise the exhaust port? i raised mine 1mm and did not loose any compression

im not sure how much the port was raised i didnt port it. it was ported when i bought it.and im almost sure its the guage its a ebay compression tester

not sure what your looking for but obviously more power or better response.But i would try a different comp gausge or use it on summin else to test the gauge 120 is stock compression.People that have kor do there head mods are getting 150psi or even more then that.Did you just order the top end from ken and put it in or did ken put it in?Also what is your timing advanced to ?I believe advancing the timing gives more low end but talkes a lil from top end,and with a 19cc head i would think you would not need the timing advanced?

ken bored and honed my cylinder and sent me a wiseco piston and i assembled it with oem gaskets that ken sent me also. i advanced the timing 4 degrees.and with the timing i didnt notice a loss anywhere just a gain in the low to mid.and i tested my other blaster that was also just rebuilt and it was at about 100 (it has stock head) so it is definatly the guage