Toomey, shearer or powerpro

sumthin like that or cheap silencers breaking/fallin off
my f7 silencer is so well built i had a hard time gettin it apart to repack it

there is only one heard of issue with a shearer silencer and that was because it was not mounted correctly

i have had a toomey and now run a shearer

the toomey i ran for 5+ years and is a kick ass pipe for mid range power

the reason i went with the shearer was for more bottom end for racing tight hare scrambles and riding trails....

imho...i would rather have arm ripping acceleration and run 55 mph top speed than have it be a dog and top out at 65mph

if you ride more open areas get the toomey

if you ride tight trails and sh*t like that get the shearer, i love this pipe the power comes on right away and with my porting and +4 swinger its still hard to keep the front wheel planted

happy pipe shopping I:I

Just speaking from experience, I ran an FMF Fatty/Powercore 2 for a while, excellent trail and low/mid pipe, for light mods. Great all around upgrade over stock, again with light mods.

Once I got a little deeper into my Blaster I swapped out for the full Toomey B1 kit, and watta difference. Pulls so much stronger through the mid, and crazy up top, to say the least. It is not the best low end pipe but with some adjustments, larger fuel air, reeds, etc I got it just right and am thrilled with the Toomey setup, low's to mids to highs, great all around pipe for trails and for running out, hill climbing, etc. I give it a 5 outta 5 *****

To better give you an idea on where the Toomey power comes on, check out their chart:

3337-toomey-pipe-chart.jpg

i ran a shearer pipe cost me 315 bucks (for the ugly non chrome one) it broke in less then 3 months of trail riding, its not just one or just mine either cause they break all day long on banshees too (i can pull up a thread if you'd like) the silencer aluminum is about as thick as a pop can.

switched a power pro/ ct/ f7 and gave it a shot, got it new chrome finished for 280. best pipe i've rode yet outta 3 diff ones. right hand bend looks sick, very well built, and on top of that it sounds amazing and really wakes your bike up.

anyway who the hell rides a 2 stroke at low rpms??!!? thats garbage. even if im in a tight trail baby im W O T. please now to the angus crew this is my opinoin based on personall experience, you can take it or leave it but ive actually tried both pipes unlike ALOT of people that say go for the shearer. in fact about half the people that told you to go shearer have never even tried one on their bike

i think the only time i would recomend a shearer pipe is if they were going to have them make a custom hand made pipe exactly for that particular motor.

anyway who the hell rides a 2 stroke at low rpms??!!? thats garbage. even if im in a tight trail baby im W O T.
i know right lol

You trails must not be very tight, there is some that I ride on unless you slip the clutch 90% of the time you can't but help to stay in the bottom of the motor.

i ran a shearer pipe cost me 315 bucks (for the ugly non chrome one) it broke in less then 3 months of trail riding, its not just one or just mine either cause they break all day long on banshees too (i can pull up a thread if you'd like) the silencer aluminum is about as thick as a pop can.

switched a power pro/ ct/ f7 and gave it a shot, got it new chrome finished for 280. best pipe i've rode yet outta 3 diff ones. right hand bend looks sick, very well built, and on top of that it sounds amazing and really wakes your bike up.

anyway who the hell rides a 2 stroke at low rpms??!!? thats garbage. even if im in a tight trail baby im W O T. please now to the angus crew this is my opinoin based on personall experience, you can take it or leave it but ive actually tried both pipes unlike ALOT of people that say go for the shearer. in fact about half the people that told you to go shearer have never even tried one on their bike

well said man, for the last time a power pros pipe is not a dog at low rpms.. ask freek and batt lol i have some nasty, tight technical trails here and the power pros has no issues with the low end, sure it absolutely rips mid to top but calling it doggy on the bottom is wrong. what happens to a shearer on top end? all i hear is how great it is for bottom.. im curious to know what it does on top? can i run around saying the shearer is a dog on topend?

well said man, for the last time a power pros pipe is not a dog at low rpms.. ask freek and batt lol i have some nasty, tight technical trails here and the power pros has no issues with the low end, sure it absolutely rips mid to top but calling it doggy on the bottom is wrong. what happens to a shearer on top end? all i hear is how great it is for bottom.. im curious to know what it does on top? can i run around saying the shearer is a dog on topend?

Very well said, same goes with the Toomey. People say the Toomey is horrible on the low's, only good mid to high, mainly high. Whatever...

Anyone who were to get on my bike immediately feels the arm ripping power as soon as ya get on the go lever, low, mid, whatever.

Toomey obviously created a pipe circuitry that was for the open grounds, keep tons of power at hand in mids, up the big hills, etc but by no means does it suffer down low, superb all around pipe, to say the least.

They are all good pipes... read the reviews and search... they will all be a huge upgrade!

Toomey: low 4/5 mid 5/5 top 3/5

the shearer i dont know... is similar like toomey but much better for trails.Toomey is much better for circuits and F7 just is good for modded engines and pulls hard on the mid and top end.

Have you personally tested all these pipes on a blaster?
or all the pipes available for a blaster on a stock engine or a modified engine set up?
Just curious of your own personal results

no i have not, but kgibson has tried every pipe, on a very similar KEN OCONNOR RACING motor to mine, and he says the shearer was bottom of the barrel. period !
i'd also like to know out of all the reveiws and anti shearer posts above, why you chose mine to qoute ????, maybe to lure me into rippin you a new one ?????
been talkin to the cinci boys lately ?????

well here ya go.............
we all know your opinion and false dyno charts are biased to what pipe you can make money on, in other words pure bullshit
shearer is the only pipe maker dumb enuf to associate with you, and the only one you can make a profit on, so of course your gonna promote it, with the same snake oil bullshit you always have, if you told me to buy a Ferrari i'd run and buy a yugo !!!
BTW.....isn't it a little too cold for you to be out from under your rock yet

also, i gotta agree with noobs/freek/batt...... i have/had f7's on both my blasters and they both rip from top to bottom, it's all in the carb tuning and ass dyno results.
not some falsified, manipulated dyno chart to promote inferior products for profit

that didnt take long awk, lol i agree 100% with that statement. dont go by dyno results, its just like the fmf people rip on it but some people have good things to say about them, its all about personal preference and what u want out of ur bike. he was just lookin to stir sh*t up

Oh children children......settle.

children ?????
why...... because i refuse to let this jackwagon fool my brothers with bullshit claims

truth.... the shearer pipe for a blaster is poorly made out of tin foil, poorly finished and lacks any real power gain, a 12 tooth front gear will do the same thing, for $10

no i have not, but kgibson has tried every pipe, on a very similar KEN OCONNOR RACING motor to mine, and he says the shearer was bottom of the barrel. period !
i'd also like to know out of all the reveiws and anti shearer posts above, why you chose mine to qoute ????, maybe to lure me into rippin you a new one ?????
been talkin to the cinci boys lately ?????

we all know your opinion and false dyno charts are biased to what pipe you can make money on, in other words pure bullshit
shearer is the only pipe maker dumb enuf to associate with you, and the only one you can make a profit on, so of course your gonna promote it, with the same snake oil bullshit you always have, if you told me to buy a Ferrari i'd run and buy a yugo !!!

also, i gotta agree with noobs/freek/batt...... i have/had f7's on both my blasters and they both rip from top to bottom, it's all in the carb tuning and ass dyno results.
not some falsified, manipulated dyno chart to promote inferior products for profit
With your lack of knowledge and experience, that’s very debatable
been talkin to the cinci boys lately ????? Don’t know and do not care to know

we all know your opinion and false dyno charts are biased to what pipe you can make money on, in other words pure bullshit.
shearer is the only pipe maker dumb enuf ( to associate with you, and the only one you can make a profit on, so of course your gonna promote it, with the same snake oil bullshit you always have, if you told me to buy a Ferrari i'd run and buy a yugo !!!
Why is Shearer pipes on all the planet sand fastest ATVs in the world? They make power. Until you have a clue, maybe you should stick to watching tV
also, i gotta agree with noobs/freek/batt...... i have/had f7's on both my blasters and they both rip from top to bottom, it's all in the carb tuning and ass dyno results. Why did your boy send me a PM saying a “ass dyno is a joke” ?
not some falsified, manipulated dyno chart Until you understand how to read a dyno chart or actually put an engine together, consider a different career
to promote inferior products for profit