The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

received_m_mid_1407793646107_08098941c921ffcc69_0.jpeg

I am still waiting to straddle my first Shee.

I missed out on riding Dirtysquared's as it was not finished, and Harley1-5 blew his up before I got there.

One day maybe!

I am still waiting to straddle my first Shee.

I missed out on riding Dirtysquared's as it was not finished, and Harley1-5 blew his up before I got there.

One day maybe!

Its still not finished!! Waiting on jets to come in.

That's a nice Banshee Dave, what all did you need to do it it?

Its still not finished!! Waiting on jets to come in.

That's a nice Banshee Dave, what all did you need to do it it?
Well, in one picture, I looks like the swinger was cut and flat plate welded to it to extend it. The cdi is d.i.yed in behind the gas tank. The wiring looks to be chopped up. Going to strip it and pc the frame. Go thew the motor since I have no idea what it needs or how many hours are on it. The plastics are shot. The seat pan wore completely threw the rear plastic down to the frame. Basically a complete overhaul. May do some motor tweeting since I'm planning on splitting the case. Also going to put on a complete long travel suspension. I already have some shocks here just for it.

When that's done, on to another blaster build with my 250 kx motor. When that's done, I'm buying a 4 stroke kx450. Next summer.

Anyone who owns or repair dirtbike ever have a valve stem Crack and fall off? I've done plenty tube before but never seen this happen. Looks as if the stem was poor quality and just snapped. Granted the tube is made in china.

My chevy truck was always bad on rotors, giving the same brake probs, but never had a problem with bearings. Actually I've had it 15 years and I cant ever remember changing the bearings. You can always get the rotor turned vs 10x more for new ones. I would think that a really bad rotor could wear the bearing faster than other probs but 30 miles is ridiculous no matter what.

the autozone near me is charging $148 dollars for the timken,and of course i can buy it online for $107 shipped same part number.I payed 90 for there duralast brand but it must just be a faulty part it happens sometimes i guess,but i wish it did not happen cuz it was hard enough as it was now i have to do it again:(..I was trying to do it the right way and thought the duralast was ok..if i really wanted to cheap out i could have bought one online for $48 dollars..Well this time around it is getting the bearing and rotor and hopefully the other side rotor to suppose to switch them in pairs.I called dealership today they said $380 dollars for just one ac delco made in mexico hub bearing assembly,online i believe it is 200-220 dolloars who knows..It is a notorious minivan know for front end problems:) and all of these bearings are made in china even the famous timken,the ones that are not are in 300 dollars range
duralast.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who owns or repair dirtbike ever have a valve stem Crack and fall off? I've done plenty tube before but never seen this happen. Looks as if the stem was poor quality and just snapped. Granted the tube is made in china.

The rear tire ? If so, your tire may be rotating on the rim.use a tire marker to make a straight line on the sidewall and rim.

Was the tube inflated , then deflated to even out the wrinkles before the second bead was put on.

A wrinkled tube can spring into place when inflated, and could have caused the valve stem to be sheared off.

I had aired it up slightly before seating the second bead. Didn't want to pinch the tube. It actually went together pretty easy.