The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Awk08 will now be placed on my ignore list .

CRY.png

i am so mad. i replaced this DURALAST wheel bearing on our van and it was junk right out of the box:mad:At first i thought it was a brake issue after replacing wheel bearing and today...nope the effing wheel bearing is toast.we put like 30miles on it... I cant believe i half to do this job again..So much for having fun this summer:(It was $90 dollars i knew i should have bought the timken for $140 dollars

i am so mad. i replaced this DURALAST wheel bearing on our van and it was junk right out of the box:mad:At first i thought it was a brake issue after replacing wheel bearing and today...nope the effing wheel bearing is toast.we put like 30miles on it... I cant believe i half to do this job again..So much for having fun this summer:(It was $90 dollars i knew i should have bought the timken for $140 dollars

I feel your pain man. $250 for my hub and axle, and it wasn't even the problem. You sure its the wheel bearing, or something causing the wheel bearing to go so quickly? Ball joints maybe? or worn axle? I had a 03 dodge caravan for 6 years and I replaced everything on its front end twice, damn mountain roads.

I feel your pain man. $250 for my hub and axle, and it wasn't even the problem. You sure its the wheel bearing, or something causing the wheel bearing to go so quickly? Ball joints maybe? or worn axle? I had a 03 dodge caravan for 6 years and I replaced everything on its front end twice, damn mountain roads.

the whole thing moves,shaking my rotors and making brakes pulse,when i put it on rim/tire stopped moving side to side up n down,but the brakes still pulsed,today after i swear 30miles the whole tire wheel is moving again. i thought i just need a new rotor from previosly bad humming bearing but on inspection today the bearing i bad everything else checks out..i should not be able to move rim and have rotor go in n out near caliper if it was something else,not saying something else came into play but 30miles is bullcrap im blaming the bearing,but time will tell :) it shakes worse then my old one almost like a bicycle tire with shot bearings :) i told my wife she can have shop fix it although knowing i will have to do it,but i dont want to lol:)