The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

It's legal in my state in most places. Are you sure it's not where you are? You should look into that. You can check out , opencarry.org to find great info on your state.

You can Open carry in PA, I never have. I feel its just easier to be discreet, and carry my CCW.

exactly, just like poker...never show your hand until the final draw, and never bluff :)

You can Open carry in PA, I never have. I feel its just easier to be discreet, and carry my CCW.

I prefer to open carry at this time. I feel it may help stop something before it starts. A CC permit cost around $350 -$400 to get from what I heard. You have to take a class to get one here.

Not in PA. You pay $25, run your background checks, and give you a permit. That's about the only good thing this state has going for it.

They are good for 5 years in Washington county. Mine gets renewed next year.

The process down here goes like this:

Sheriff - Whaddya need?

Me - CC permit

Sheriff - who are your folks?

Me - *answers*

Sheriff - that'll be $25, step over here and let's get a picture.

*5 min later*

Sheriff - have a good day.

well, since you like to show it off around town, how bout a pic or 2 for us ?

thats no fun :)

I don't call it fun having to shoot someone. People that hope for trouble so they can use there gun shouldn't carry one. It's that kind of people that do stupid stuff and gives the anti gun advocates more fuel to help burn our amendment right.

As for a pic, I don't see a point. I carry to protection. Not to show off.

Last edited:
I don't call it fun having to shoot someone. People that hope for trouble so they can use there gun shouldn't carry one. It's that kind of people that do stupid stuff and gives the anti gun advocates more fuel to help burn our amendment right.

As for a pic, I don't see a point. I carry to protection. Not to show off.

i just knew that'd get me some dudley-do-right speech :)

Dudley_do_right.jpg

People that hope for trouble so they can use there gun shouldn't carry one.

The people that u got worry about are the ones that carry out of fear and think it makes tem big and bad. Like this guy who walks my road carrying a stick to hit dogs with. I've never had a problem with any dogs on my road, u step up and don't show fear and they back down. Most people are the same, except the scared ones will pull or shoot, or like him swing his stick and that is gonna get his @$$ bit. I think people should carry if they want, just to bad you can't weed all the crazies out. I hope some of them get to stop some trouble

Me personally I don't carry unless I'm in the woods, no need in these parts that I see.

The people that u got worry about are the ones that carry out of fear and think it makes tem big and bad. Like this guy who walks my road carrying a stick to hit dogs with. I've never had a problem with any dogs on my road, u step up and don't show fear and they back down. Most people are the same, except the scared ones will pull or shoot, or like him swing his stick and that is gonna get his @$$ bit. I think people should carry if they want, just to bad you can't weed all the crazies out. I hope some of them get to stop some trouble

I agree. I don't want to pull my run. If I can safely walk away from trouble, I will.. I choose to carry a gun on my side for protection over carrying a Cop on my side for protection. The Cop is to heavy and wants to stop for Donuts all the time.