The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I've used it before and it hardens fairly quick. I can't remember how long exactly but it was maybe 2 hours? It wasn't deep either it was for horseshoe pits I built.

has anyone had experience with this concrete?
im wondering how long it take to harden??????
i know there are many variable's but is it 1 hr or 10 hours?
i can't find a decent answer on the web:)

View attachment 23128
Depends on what you mean by "harden". Also depends on what you are using it for. The top will be pretty stiff within an hour or 2. More moisture=faster cure

So...anyone know anything about chinese knockoff quads?

just picked up a marshin mh150 atv for $50

so far looks like itll run, needs a new kickstart, new throttle and a balljoint....

so im wondering is there any interchangeable parts?
Yea they blow. There's a reason they don't make main stream atv/bikes. I have a mini atv. They are alright I guess just not reliable, that's why they are so cheap.

Depends on what you mean by "harden". Also depends on what you are using it for. The top will be pretty stiff within an hour or 2. More moisture=faster cure
I've used it before and it hardens fairly quick. I can't remember how long exactly but it was maybe 2 hours? It wasn't deep either it was for horseshoe pits I built.

thank you i just wanted a lil input on it.
i wanted to get the quick cure stuff but store was all out/and what im using it for i dont expect it to last more then 4 month lol :) bought 2 80lb bags for 10 bucks:)

Yea they blow. There's a reason they don't make main stream atv/bikes. I have a mini atv. They are alright I guess just not reliable, that's why they are so cheap.

so...get it going and flip it. for the price you cant say no though...even if i end up doing an engine swap. the tires on it alone are worth $100....

im just wondering if i can take some blaster parts and swap them onto it.

so...get it going and flip it. for the price you cant say no though...even if i end up doing an engine swap. the tires on it alone are worth $100....

im just wondering if i can take some blaster parts and swap them onto it.
For sure..I purchased a complete motor for mine for 70 bucks, new. Bolted it in and bam. The biggest problem I've found with them is the carbs.

For sure..I purchased a complete motor for mine for 70 bucks, new. Bolted it in and bam. The biggest problem I've found with them is the carbs.

well after a little checking today. i need a balljoint for the left side..a whole new throttle set up and the kickstarter that was "stripped" off just needed to be tightened on.

I got 2 china quads last year. One is a marshin wolf 150, 2006 I think, and then a little 110, like the tao-tao's. So far they have been decent. They are not the greatest quality, but they will last a few years if treated well, I think. Been having a little carb trouble with the 150, but it still runs fine, got a new carb and performance cdi for like $30, but the cdi won't plug up to my harness, just haven't had time to put it on. The little one kills the battery all the time, gotta find out how to bypass the remote on it, again haven't had time. I don't really like the cvt transmissions on either, but they work really good for beginners.

Finished this up today and got it put in a nursery/gift shop in my neighborhood.
IMG_20150516_113825652.jpg

My coat rack rack

i went from 2 bags of concrete to a total of 9 bags :)
still have 4 though waiting to use up...all though i must admit im having trouble with the floating/finishing appearance of it:(

i went from 2 bags of concrete to a total of 9 bags :)
still have 4 though waiting to use up...all though i must admit im having trouble with the floating/finishing appearance of it:(
What are you doing with it? I could've given you some advice on it. I've always used magnesium floats for finishing, but I'm not the greatest at it either. Somehow I always end up fighting the weather. Last slab I did, quite a few years back was about 800sqft and it downpoured for 30 mins right as we finished pouring, was tough to finish after that, luckily it wasn't too important. Main thing with finishing is the timing, can't do it to soon or too late

Reactions: speedyslyder
What are you doing with it? I could've given you some advice on it. I've always used magnesium floats for finishing, but I'm not the greatest at it either. Somehow I always end up fighting the weather. Last slab I did, quite a few years back was about 800sqft and it downpoured for 30 mins right as we finished pouring, was tough to finish after that, luckily it wasn't too important. Main thing with finishing is the timing, can't do it to soon or too late

couple of reasons come to mind:)

1 im putting on top of asphalt as a cheapo solution to patching a like 6x6 area that pisses me off everytime i hit it/also driveway is shared.
2 i dont have a proper float
3 my first ever time doing it lol
4 the first 2 bags i got were crap right out of the aubuchons i got them.but that not the issue anymore come i got some fresh homedepot quickrete.

so i think it is a combo of me putting it on asphault/not having a proper float tool :(
i'll get a better look at it tommorow cuz it should be more dryer..I even had a guy help me for a split sec with the 2x4 for leveling it back/n forth ect

that is why i said i dont expect it to last throw the plowing of winter / although aspalt breaks just as easy in those months.....

@tbrooks HIT ME WITH WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY BUDDY IM ALL EARS:D

Well if its an asphalt driveway patch I wouldn't worry about the finish. You got it screeded (with the 2x4), then use an old broom to put a broom finish on it. Just kinda lightly drag the broom across and you'll know if its to wet/dry. It will prob hold up just fine, depending on how thick it is.

Reactions: speedyslyder
Well if its an asphalt driveway patch I wouldn't worry about the finish. You got it screeded (with the 2x4), then use an old broom to put a broom finish on it. Just kinda lightly drag the broom across and you'll know if its to wet/dry. It will prob hold up just fine, depending on how thick it is.

yeah i hear yah i guess i just watched to many videos of people doing a better job/plus i was under concreted in weight at first.
start with 2 bags..bought 3 more...then eff it got 4 more wait upon my approval lol.
total what 36bucks:)

the actual asphault repair bags i believe? are 20 bucks for 50lb bags...im not that intrested in spending..160 bucks vs the 20 bucks i spent/put on driveway already which is supposed 400lbs of sand rock and crete.
at least i learned a bit about concrete and it will be def better than it was already nfor as long as it shall last lol.

it like a bump down bump up then bump down again with 7peeps or tons of crap load in the vechicle...
im experienting ....learn summin new everyday i guess:eek:

it is not all that bad but again pisses me off every know and again....i think i need to add 2 more bag to finish the small side i could not get today then ill be happy:)
thank you tbrooks

I just reread what you put up there, you're putting it on top of asphalt to fill dips? Yeah that won't last through the winter lol, neither would the asphalt patch though. Not much would really. Maybe if you could add some of the fiber stuff they use in concrete to get away with not using steel in a slab. Only real way to fix it would be cut out the bad spots so you could get more and even thickness of your filler material, or redo the whole drive, I'm guessing you don't wanna do either. So anyway good job, at least you learned some things, and maybe it will last forever :)

I just reread what you put up there, you're putting it on top of asphalt to fill dips? Yeah that won't last through the winter lol, neither would the asphalt patch though. Not much would really. Maybe if you could add some of the fiber stuff they use in concrete to get away with not using steel in a slab. Only real way to fix it would be cut out the bad spots so you could get more and even thickness of your filler material, or redo the whole drive, I'm guessing you don't wanna do either. So anyway good job, at least you learned some things, and maybe it will last forever :)

yeah i had a half azz idea in my brain i guess had to try it...
either way it is still better then im dealing with before so i say progress not perfection:)
someone tried putting gravel on 1 spot of it and guess what??? rain washed it out:eek:
for the few dollars i spent/apposed to the real cost it would be i will be happy for the summer:D
it;s really is a spot that they already cutout years and years ago to run cable/tv for...they cut the ground installed things then patched it up know guess what it is failing many years ago know....just trying my options with out getting to crazy on real/costly solutions:)....crap dirt even works till it rains away lol....

not a huge deal at all just trying to improve on it for a short periods and adding knowledge to myself:)

thank you tbrooks

Took my reed spacer off the blaster today and port matched and ported my v force reed cage. Also went threw and torqued everything.