The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

haven't been on in a while been busy with work and wrenching got some new toys though
100_2265.JPG
100_2318.JPG
100_2320.JPG

Fitting kx500 into first gen aluminum cr125 frame. Not sure if it will work.View attachment 23041

Wow,,,,, if it fits that will be one serious lil machine. Omg I cant even imagine.. Un knowing spectators will crap there pants when you take off :eek: .. That's if you can keep the front end down.. Forget letting anyone else ride it not knowing what motor is in it.

Me likey this build, I hope you can pull it off :D.. Is there any big issues you come across yet ?

Reactions: harley1-5
Wow,,,,, if it fits that will be one serious lil machine. Omg I cant even imagine.. Un knowing spectators will crap there pants when you take off :eek: .. That's if you can keep the front end down.. Forget letting anyone else ride it not knowing what motor is in it.

Me likey this build, I hope you can pull it off :D.. Is there any big issues you come across yet ?
Actually, with this style frame, no real issues. The gas tank will need to be heated and re shaped, but other than that, so far it is smooth going.

I was thinking about it, but not gonna fix it. Its about as bad as my blaster was lol. Tranny spins, crank won't, can't get the piston to budge. Lots of rust, very dirty, prob never taken care of properly. The carrier has a huge chunk out of it right on the end where the bearing is, I can see alot of the outer race, how the #u*! does that happen? The cylinder doesn't look that bad, or the piston really, but I know whats gonna happen if I start fixing it, $$$$$$$$, cause I'll want it all to be right. But yes the back tires and rims alone are worth it to me. Kinda big for my blaster, 22x11, but I like em. Got the beginning of dry rot in a few spots, was thinking I could rub em down with some used oil? Wondering what other parts I might be able to swap to my blaster? What ever I don't use will probably go up on ebay, unless somebody here needs something. Didn't get any picks, just got it unloaded a few minutes ago and its dark here.

spent 3 hrs today busting origional 1998 ball joints of of my dodge
the upper was a biotch...when it finally separated i yelled a few curse words:)
know im not to happy with the way the ball joints and tool are set up
for pressing them back in not enough lip on ball joint/and they all are the same no matter what brand i got
unless i changed out control arms..
and the tool does not fit them totally flush..which is why im waiting till tommorow to put it back toghther
and i got parts late in the evening then it got dark lol
uppers come with boot not installed/lowers come with boot installed and not lip to push them in
even if i were to separate boot:mad:
it is visa versa on install lower was easy taking out/know hard to put back in/upper was extremely hard/know easy to put back in :)

Hey guys, what would be the best way to ship plastics? One helluva big box? Padding would be a PITA
The smaller the box you can get them into, the better. I found fedex as the cheapest to ship if you can get the box as small as you can. Also, wrap them in a plastic bag. That's the best I found. You want to keep it as light as you can.

I was thinking about it, but not gonna fix it. Its about as bad as my blaster was lol. Tranny spins, crank won't, can't get the piston to budge. Lots of rust, very dirty, prob never taken care of properly. The carrier has a huge chunk out of it right on the end where the bearing is, I can see alot of the outer race, how the #u*! does that happen? The cylinder doesn't look that bad, or the piston really, but I know whats gonna happen if I start fixing it, $$$$$$$$, cause I'll want it all to be right. But yes the back tires and rims alone are worth it to me. Kinda big for my blaster, 22x11, but I like em. Got the beginning of dry rot in a few spots, was thinking I could rub em down with some used oil? Wondering what other parts I might be able to swap to my blaster? What ever I don't use will probably go up on ebay, unless somebody here needs something. Didn't get any picks, just got it unloaded a few minutes ago and its dark here.

Doubt if oil would do anything good for them. If they more offset one way than the other, mount them so they stick out further. Wider track and clearance for the heel guards.
Being run out of oil odds are the head is toast too.

Thanks Dave. Larry I was thinking vaseline would prob work, but then I figured its petroleum, so why not just use some oil. How can I tell if the head is shot? Stuck valves? Prob could have overheated and warped. I don't wanna sell something with unknown condition. This will be my first teardown (well whats left to tear down) of a 4 stroke 4 wheeler.

T brooks,its nt hard just take your time.Check to make sure that valves aren't bent use some sort of straight edge to check for warpage.You should be able to do a 4 stroke no problem.I just finished reassembly on a bw200[4 poke]motor yesterday and I may say kor did a lovely job boring it

About the only thing you can do is tear the head apart. Biggest concern is that the cam rides directly in the alum head, no bearings as such.
They do have El-Chinko-cheepo heads on ebay, but if they can't get a Blaster cyl right, I couldn't imajine a OHC head

got the ball joint job done.
like to say it went smooth but it did not lol
but it is all fixed/no more noise.
did not break anything.....oh wait i broke 1 of the adapters on the loan a toolo_O
but the truck is just fine:eek:
i had to improvise and use a reciever hitch ball hole to space it out after that:mad:

T brooks,its nt hard just take your time.Check to make sure that valves aren't bent use some sort of straight edge to check for warpage.You should be able to do a 4 stroke no problem.I just finished reassembly on a bw200[4 poke]motor yesterday and I may say kor did a lovely job boring it

I know I could do it, but I got alot coming up this year with the house. I was thinking about saving it for 2016 winter, but after seeing everything wrong I know its gonna be alot of $$$$, and I don't really have a place to store it til then. Still gotta finish rebuilding my mazda truck, and its taking up most of my shop, waiting on my buddy to get the motor out of his truck so I can get his crank. Like I said, I can keep some things for my blaster, and still make more than my money back. I got a few years (hopefully) before I need to replace/upgrade any of the quads I got now.