stripped drain plug hole

chevymuddman

Jan 22, 2010
acme pa
i need to fix it somehow cuz im sick of puttin iol in it. ive tried cutting a pop can and wrapping a piece of it around the plug but it dont hold. ive tried a gasket maker just to seal it up until i can figure something out im lost:-/

found this on another site, it may work for our blasters too, let us know if it does.............................

If you have stripped a 12mm oil drain bolt (TRX250R) you can simply re-tap the hole to 14mm X 1.25 and replace the bolt with a Suzuki LT250R drain bolt.

Just go the auto parts store and get the oversized drain plugs. They come in various sizes and there is no tapping involved.

my answer to a be done with it for life fix is tap put healy coil in be shure to add red color thread tigthgner let set install new plug never worry about it again this in my eyes is the proper way to fix this problem

let us know what works for ya, for future reference

The casing that my drain plug is at actually cracked so even if I tapped it out I'd still have a hole missing. So what I did was I used a rubber expansion plug with a little rtv, it lasted me over a year. You just have to change it out once in a while.

i actually just found out that mine was cracked too yesterday. i couldnt figure out y it was still leaking.lol ya i just did a self tapping bolt on it.

At my last job we had self taping drain plugs. Just jb weld the crack and get a self taping plug. Make sure the case is clean before you cold weld it.

/\/\/\/\ you're kidding right ???? duct tape wont hold there with oil and heat, dont do it, and my personal prference is called "quicksteel" epoxy putty, that sh*t will repair the crack of dawn, can even be drilled and tapped after hardening
far superior to jb weld, << jb = junk bullshit

If there is a crack why not fix it right the first time. These putty items are minor league attempts at a positive solution.

ya i was joking thanks for all the help guys i hate posting so much but there is just all this lil shiot that keeps coming up it seems.lol