see thru clutch cover mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
im sure this has been posted but i thought i would post up mine

1. take a coffee can or small paint can and center it in the middle of the opening you want to cut out. you can use a compass if you want to be perfect about it make sure you leave enough room for your bolts.

2. Trace around your coffee can with a sharpie

use a dremel or a band saw or whatever you have to cut out the hole(i used a dremel till my bit broke then i just drill a bunch of holes as you can see in the pic)

n6xqbc.jpg

3. take a file and some sand paper to smooth out the hole, and drill the holes for your bolts.

15ri9vc.jpg

4. test fit you plexi with the bolt (leave the film on the plexi till final assembly)

2cyl3cy.jpg

5. take everything apart again and primer and paint

opwj2t.jpg

2qkuxib.jpg

6. put the bolts in and run a bead of sealer on the stator.

7. take the film off the plexi and lay it on the bolt. put the nuts on and tighten (i used loctight on the nuts.)

16gad0n.jpg

final product.. I:I

1zwjguv.jpg

a0ucxu.jpg

Reactions: blastermaster01
no offense bro......but nothing like taken a once sweet custom modded part and turning it into a fast food drive thru everyday product.....once everyone has them whats gonna set yours aside from the rest......

and im not saying this just because i try to sell them.........i havent sold one yet

i wanted to share what i did and thats that no big deal......i dont care if everyone and they dog does one i just wanted to put my work out there

no offense bro......but nothing like taken a once sweet custom modded part and turning it into a fast food drive thru everyday product.....once everyone has them whats gonna set yours aside from the rest......

and im not saying this just because i try to sell them.........i havent sold one yet
why all the hate? just because somebody figured out another persons idea? give the man the credit he deserves. why pay someone to do something you can easily do yourself? no harm in that. no harm in sharing. if it were a popular mod freek would have sold more than...well none, right?

yb, you did a fine job. thanks for the write up. if i had a blaster id do one too. isnt that what web forums are all about? helping each other do things to their quads? its much more rewarding when you can say you did it yourself instead of paying some stanger to do it.

looks great. cant wait to see it on your bike. hope you put it up for BOTM, because i think its getting my vote.

im also excited to see what else in in store...

why all the hate? just because somebody figured out another persons idea? give the man the credit he deserves. why pay someone to do something you can easily do yourself? no harm in that. no harm in sharing. if it were a popular mod freek would have sold more than...well none, right?

yb, you did a fine job. thanks for the write up. if i had a blaster id do one too. isnt that what web forums are all about? helping each other do things to their quads? its much more rewarding when you can say you did it yourself instead of paying some stanger to do it.

looks great. cant wait to see it on your bike. hope you put it up for BOTM, because i think its getting my vote.

im also excited to see what else in in store...

thanks for the kind words man!!

i like it. i might get another clutch cover and modify it similar to this way to allow servicing/adjustment without pulling the whole thing off

i like it. i might get another clutch cover and modify it similar to this way to allow servicing/adjustment without pulling the whole thing off
that idea was given....you could actually do both mods to have a really killer idea for a clutch cover...doing that tho, you cant remove teh basket. but everything else is removable, and serviceable. i have one like that on my banshee...just not see thru.

and if you do that mod...o ring the plate for the front....

Well put man. That was always my thought "aren't we here to help each other? when did it turn into making money?"

i dont like it. as a matter of fact, i think it looks like ass. the whole you cut isnt even perfectly round. if your goin to put up your custom work, at least make it look good.

wow captain buzz kill... the door is over there ----->

climb, i am pretty sure BF is not the one to come up with this idea. He might be the first to do it on a blaster but he surely is not the first to do a clear clutch cover.

not bad work. the initial cut looks like sh*t but that was covered up. also why not PC it? and is that E-tape on the inside?

climb, i am pretty sure BF is not the one to come up with this idea. He might be the first to do it on a blaster but he surely is not the first to do a clear clutch cover.

not bad work, but take some better pics these suck. also take a pic from the inside facing outward.

That tells me Freek30 was the first to do it on a Blaster, the stuff he creates does not exist in the aftermarket world.
That's why others follow and copy the mod.

i dont like it. as a matter of fact, i think it looks like ass. the hole you cut isnt even nice and round, it just simply looks like sh*t. if your goin to put up your custom work, at least make it look good.
theres the instructions, if you think you can do better...give it a whirl

Status
Not open for further replies.