Rippin on blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th gear? how the f*ck does he take off.
and by paralyzed i assume you mean the waist down.

oh and you do know you could put a electric or air shift on it so he can shift right, might be something nice for him so he doesn't fry the clutch after a minute.

Yeah...4th gear. It'll stand the front end up dead stop in 6th gear. When I race it I take off on dry cement in 4th gear...and leave it in 4th gear the whole race, just feather the clutch in corners. F*cker has way too much power..lol just kidding, just enough. It does have a pnumatic shift setup on it but the stroke of the plunger isn't quite enough to shift it...still working out the quirks. But if you look at the left handlebar you can see an extra lever and line..that's for the hand control rear brake setup. It's getting there but eventually it's all going on his bike so I don't really care that much about doing all the stuff to my quad.

As for the clutch I raced it for about 3 years the same way I always have...(in 4th gear the whole time) finally had to replace the clutch early this year and never touched it since 02 when it was new. I put in the Hinson basket, 8 disc kit, lock out hub, pressure plate and springs etc...I don't think it's gonna need to be touched again for quite some time.

And yeah when I say paralyzed I mean nipples down.

Yeah...4th gear. It'll stand the front end up dead stop in 6th gear. When I race it I take off on dry cement in 4th gear...and leave it in 4th gear the whole race, just feather the clutch in corners. F*cker has way too much power..lol just kidding, just enough. It does have a pnumatic shift setup on it but the stroke of the plunger isn't quite enough to shift it...still working out the quirks. But if you look at the left handlebar you can see an extra lever and line..that's for the hand control rear brake setup. It's getting there but eventually it's all going on his bike so I don't really care that much about doing all the stuff to my quad.

As for the clutch I raced it for about 3 years the same way I always have...(in 4th gear the whole time) finally had to replace the clutch early this year and never touched it since 02 when it was new. I put in the Hinson basket, 8 disc kit, lock out hub, pressure plate and springs etc...I don't think it's gonna need to be touched again for quite some time.

And yeah when I say paralyzed I mean nipples down.

what gear ratio you running 10/60?

because i know a banshee with close to stock gear will not take off in 4th and will not stand up in 6th from a dead stop. and i have had some powerful banshee

It's geared 15T front and stock rear. I actually put a larger one on the front to get more top speed and less bottom...All it does is spins otherwise. It's putting out about 80 Horse to the rear wheels so maybe that's what makes the difference? lol But even when it just had bolt-on's it always would spin way way too much through every gear with stock gear ratio. This Banshee has always been fast, I don't know why but even when it was stock with a few bolt ons it would always smoke my buddies Banshee's, Do brake stands on pavement all the way to and in 6th gear, and the motor has been bullet proof and takes any punishment it seems like. I have only blown it up once since it was brand new in 02 and all of the rebuilds that have been done were just for preventative maintenence and just to make sure rings are fresh before races.

It's not really anything to lie about..if needs be I could take a video showing how exactly it's done. I don't think it's that surprising...When I raced my Blaster I took off in 3rd on the cement start and it would do dead stop 4th gear wheelies. That was with stock gearing. And now that I think about it I take off in 3rd on cement and 4th on dirt with my LT250 also. I just always have, while everyone else is shifting I just keep pulling. They never dog down and always high in the powerband so I just figured it was normal.

Last edited:
ya no, a blaster will not handle better than a XC setup yfz, ever. so either a) you be lieing, or b) your brother can't ride.

Let me give you a run down of the track, it's tight so that gives me the advantage.
Starts with 200ft straight, tight 180 left on an off camber, 20 ft straight, 90 right, 35ft straight, over a jump, tight 170* left, 20ft sweeping right, over a dug out jump, tight 90 left, 20ft straight, 90 left, 50ft straight, 90* sweeping right back to starting straight.
Leaving just about every tight turn, I will almost rear end him. (track is too narrow to pass, and if it gets any wider, there will be trees in the way)

It's geared 15T front and stock rear. I actually put a larger one on the front to get more top speed and less bottom...All it does is spins otherwise. It's putting out about 80 Horse to the rear wheels so maybe that's what makes the difference? lol But even when it just had bolt-on's it always would spin way way too much through every gear with stock gear ratio. This Banshee has always been fast, I don't know why but even when it was stock with a few bolt ons it would always smoke my buddies Banshee's, Do brake stands on pavement all the way to and in 6th gear, and the motor has been bullet proof and takes any punishment it seems like. I have only blown it up once since it was brand new in 02 and all of the rebuilds that have been done were just for preventative maintenence and just to make sure rings are fresh before races.

It's not really anything to lie about..if needs be I could take a video showing how exactly it's done. I don't think it's that surprising...When I raced my Blaster I took off in 3rd on the cement start and it would do dead stop 4th gear wheelies. That was with stock gearing. And now that I think about it I take off in 3rd on cement and 4th on dirt with my LT250 also. I just always have, while everyone else is shifting I just keep pulling. They never dog down and always high in the powerband so I just figured it was normal.

ok now i know you are lieing. no lt250 can take off in 4th, neither can a banshee. the engines are not made to do that. you would fry the clutch trying to keep the engine from dieing.

Let me give you a run down of the track, it's tight so that gives me the advantage.
Starts with 200ft straight, tight 180 left on an off camber, 20 ft straight, 90 right, 35ft straight, over a jump, tight 170* left, 20ft sweeping right, over a dug out jump, tight 90 left, 20ft straight, 90 left, 50ft straight, 90* sweeping right back to starting straight.
Leaving just about every tight turn, I will almost rear end him. (track is too narrow to pass, and if it gets any wider, there will be trees in the way)

then your friend cant ride.
the yfx450 has far superior handling than a blaster can dream of, they also have more torque than a blaster can make HP.

Let me give you a run down of the track, it's tight so that gives me the advantage. and how do u have the advantage

im not dogging on a blaster here but how in the hell does a blaster have any advantage on a track than any 450. any racing blaster is gonna have extended arms and axles so they are gonna be just as wide as a 450 and if a blaster is on stock width there is no way ur taking the tight turns as fast, so there is no advantage of any in a tight turn plus taking the acceleration that a 450 has coming out of a corner (i know) is just gonna leave the blaster behind. u can build your blaster all day long and by the time u hit stock hp of a 450 all you have done is make your blaster pretty much useless except for a straight line. now im not dogging the blaster at all because it is a great quad for trails and prolly the best quad for me to just have a great time on but when your trying to compare a blaster and a 450 on the track there is just no comparison and im sorry to tell u if u are on the tail end of a 450 u are either a badass rider or he sucks REALLY bad. it would seem to me that a tight track would be worse for a blaster especally when u only have a 20 to 30 ft run to hit a big double out of a hard 90 u just cant get enough speed to clear it, that itself was the biggest problem i had while on the track with my blaster if it was a long swooping curve i could carry enough speed to clear the big jumps but everywhere else the 450's were blowing past me actually they were leaving me everywhere on the track it just didnt have the acceleration they have. so sorry bud im calling bs on that one

ok now i know you are lieing. no lt250 can take off in 4th, neither can a banshee. the engines are not made to do that. you would fry the clutch trying to keep the engine from dieing.

lol okay buddy...it happens every weekend and I'll be damned if Im gonna let you try make me believe differently.

lol okay buddy...it happens every weekend and I'll be damned if Im gonna let you try make me believe differently.

1) you dont have an 80hp banshee
2) you cant take off in 4th
3) you cant take of in 4th and keep up with someone that is taking off in 1st
4) "it nevers dogs down" the rpms not dropping is a sign of a fried clutch
5) no one is trying to make you believe other wise, just makin sure everyone else knows you are a liar.

Like I said..it's nothing to lie about, If needs be I'll try to take some video's and hopefully figure out how to post them. Apparently it's too much for some thick skulls to take in, but like I said it happens every weekend. And for having such a fried 900 dollar hinson clutch it sure does manage to holeshot almost everytime. Strange..... Lol. I have nothing to prove to some smartass that I dont know, and that surely isn't changing now. If you don't believe it, then don't...I guess you're used to some weak budget Banshee so the concept of what kind of power money can buy is irrelavant to you. That's fine. From now on I'll just keep my stuff to myself. I haven't been on a Blaster forum in almost 7 years and this is exactly why. I'll just finish buying the parts I need and and be done. It's amazing...7 years, completely different people but then again exactly the same.

1) You DONT know what anyone has going on internally in their motor
2) You DONT know what can and can't be done until you've persoanlly seen it (die or dog down taking off in 4th...or 5th...or even 6th..lol)
3) Find a new hobby..quit sitting around critiquing everyone on a computer. Go spend some time working on your quad so it can run like a Banshee is supposed to...

A blaster is alot of power for anyone under 14.

But if u can ride well u can ride them at 12-13 if they dont have much mod.

Im only 13 n i ride a
2006 Blaster alot modded and i can beat alot of 400 exs

A blaster is alot of power for anyone under 14.

But if u can ride well u can ride them at 12-13 if they dont have much mod.

Im only 13 n i ride a
2006 Blaster alot modded and i can beat alot of 400 exs

i see a large X huge carb and no pipe......if you go down to a 30mm carb and a powerpros/f7/any pipe but a DG and get some porting, you might be surprised

I hear you there..When I bought my Blaster everyone ragged on it...Dumped a bit of money into it and then no one could keep up..Then they all bought 450's just to keep up cause they're no good at riding. Bought my Banshee and the same thing...They thought they were awesome cause their 450 thumpers could smoke the stock Banshee...apparently they didn't think I'd do the same to the Banshee. Lol.

This is what the Blaster looked like when everyone quit bashing it and decided to buy 450's:
bikepics-54882-full.jpg

And this is the Banshee that everyone still can't touch:
bikepics-2022969-full.jpg

Let people hate. Everyone will shut their faces eventually. Once their mouths are filled with roost.

I see your still alive and kickin! I remember that blaster pic when you first posted it back in the day.

You'll always catch heat for riding a blaster... I did nonstop. However it was rare that someone could ride with me. I actually jumped over a guy on a 450r during a race. He was trying not to let me buy... then he got too scurred to triple up. I think he got off the track and ran to the nearest porta potty.

However riding with some of the most talented guys in the business (used to ride with paris rosen... x games 75ft front flip guy at this compound) they always loved the blaster because it was light. If only it would've stayed together a bit better.

n1601490030_30017580_9615.jpg

n1601490030_30017583_799.jpg

I see your still alive and kickin! I remember that blaster pic when you first posted it back in the day.

You'll always catch heat for riding a blaster... I did nonstop. However it was rare that someone could ride with me. I actually jumped over a guy on a 450r during a race. He was trying not to let me buy... then he got too scurred to triple up. I think he got off the track and ran to the nearest porta potty.

However riding with some of the most talented guys in the business (used to ride with paris rosen... x games 75ft front flip guy at this compound) they always loved the blaster because it was light. If only it would've stayed together a bit better.

n1601490030_30017580_9615.jpg

n1601490030_30017583_799.jpg

Yeah, it's a whole new crowd now...not many names I remember seeing in the HQ days...everyone always has something to say about everything...reguardless of whether they really know what they're talking about or not..lol I parted that Blaster a while ago though. It did awesome for many seasons racing but the Banshee kinda took over. I used to ride with Guetter and his brother when they lived in MN..a bunch of us where I grew up used to ride with him back when he had the almost bone stock 400EX and his brother had the R. They all loved the little Blaster..so much power but light enough to bunny hop. It was fun, but I'm just on here again to get my fiance's Blaster put back together. Made a couple comments on posts and I see that it's just not worth saying anything to many people so I keep my P's and Q's instead..lol

Yeah, it's a whole new crowd now...not many names I remember seeing in the HQ days...everyone always has something to say about everything...reguardless of whether they really know what they're talking about or not..lol I parted that Blaster a while ago though. It did awesome for many seasons racing but the Banshee kinda took over. I used to ride with Guetter and his brother when they lived in MN..a bunch of us where I grew up used to ride with him back when he had the almost bone stock 400EX and his brother had the R. They all loved the little Blaster..so much power but light enough to bunny hop. It was fun, but I'm just on here again to get my fiance's Blaster put back together. Made a couple comments on posts and I see that it's just not worth saying anything to many people so I keep my P's and Q's instead..lol

Yeah for sure. But not many people stay on blasters for very long! Its always a younger crowd. Where in MN are you located? I know the Guetters pretty good also. Back in the day with the red 400ex with the yellow side panels! haha.

Yeah for sure. But not many people stay on blasters for very long! Its always a younger crowd. Where in MN are you located? I know the Guetters pretty good also. Back in the day with the red 400ex with the yellow side panels! haha.

Lol yeah..and Dan with his old white R. I used to live near St. Cloud MN..Now I'm more towards the cities for business. Like I said, I am on here to gather some parts for my fiance's Blaster that I'm building, but I realize it's always a younger crowd..hense the Blaster for one. I am using my old motor from the Blaster I raced so it should be pretty decent for her first real sport quad..shes used to stump pullers like Polaris quads and sh*t so this will be fine. That's cool that you know the Guetters too...cool guys and Jon is a f*ckin nutcase.

Maybe he poured oil all over the ground so it will spin. MXLT250QR is so full of crap. Lifting the front wheels on pavement from a stop in 6th gear? Maybe if someone is lifting the front end while you put it in gear and stall it. you must have like 8/70 gearing. STFU with your BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.