Rippin on blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with the statement that in the end a blaster is just a blaster. but the statement that its mostly about the rider is also true. when i first got my blaster, i had never really been on a quad and a friend of mine who has ridden quads and dirtbikes since he was like four would kill me on the track all day long with just his piped 250x, but the longer i rode it the more competitive i got with him until i was beating him and the quad hadnt changed at all. now i'm almost finished with my build and i've only got around twelve hundred dollars in my quad from the day i brought it home. granite i got the quad for free, but it took about two hundred to get it running. so maybe this quad isnt the best quad out there, but i think it would be a good quad for beginners to get and progress on and upgrade as need be, because it can be done for cheap. and with all the upgrades available for this quad, its probably not gonna be something that your average rider can go compete and win the nationals on, but it can be made to be a fast machine

Blasters are awsome, I rode mine this weekend at silver lake because my banshee is down for port work, It keeps up with my wifes z400, I ported it from kens vid and it has an fmf pipe and silencer,and +4 timing, it ripps

whoever said that a trx 250 wont keep up with a rappy250 is 100% correct. :D haha i have the t(urd)rx 250 and my buddy has the rappy, and that thing is fast as hell compared to my turd. but not to my blasty

That's what I have done with my shee. All my buddies talked sh*t about my blaster and really the shee. Took them out the only one I'm having issued with is the 450r. That will be fixed once I get the bald tires off my bike.

I hear you there..When I bought my Blaster everyone ragged on it...Dumped a bit of money into it and then no one could keep up..Then they all bought 450's just to keep up cause they're no good at riding. Bought my Banshee and the same thing...They thought they were awesome cause their 450 thumpers could smoke the stock Banshee...apparently they didn't think I'd do the same to the Banshee. Lol.

This is what the Blaster looked like when everyone quit bashing it and decided to buy 450's:
bikepics-54882-full.jpg

And this is the Banshee that everyone still can't touch:
bikepics-2022969-full.jpg

Let people hate. Everyone will shut their faces eventually. Once their mouths are filled with roost.

I ride a stock piped Blaster with all my money going into handling and gearing. I mostly ride in tight woods. If you can find a faster atv in tight woods than a Blaster with some good shocks and good gearing I would be very surprised. I ride with guys on 450 bikes and Banshees and I never fall to the back of the pack when we are on trails, if anything I am looking to pass at any chance. I find it more fun to ride with the bikes because I don't have to stop and wait when the trail Y's off.

I enjoyed this thread! My whole kick with the Blaster is the surprise factor. Where I live it isn't about bling or all out power, it is about the guy on some old scooter that popped past some unsuspecting, high dollar bike. My friends and I do it all the time, that moment on Gecko Rd. or in Dumont where one of my buddies, or myself will open up the two stroke motor and kind of just fade into the distance.
This might sound crazy but a friend of mine still rocks the old three wheeler 250R. To be honest, seeing this dude ride his trike makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up because he is so fast that once the secret is out, all anyone wants to do is line up against him. In his case, skill is definitely a factor but the little two stroke is what really allows him to wind up and go. Anyway, just my two cents.

whoever said that a trx 250 wont keep up with a rappy250 is 100% correct. :D haha i have the t(urd)rx 250 and my buddy has the rappy, and that thing is fast as hell compared to my turd. but not to my blasty

i'm guessing you're talking about a trx250x or trx250ex?

i was gonna say.......if you're getting smoked on a 250r by a rappy 250.....its time to get some riding lessons

a blaster is a blaster. it is a stepping stone to better things, not the end of a journy.
i had a blaster when i was like 12, been riding dirt bikes and quads before that. bent the axle within a couple months of owning it on a little jump. stock, a blaster is a piece of sh*t. no one here can argue that. yes they can be made into decent quads, but they are limited because of they are air cooled and their geometry isn't that good.
they are a great quad to learn how to ride with, the shifting is easy, the clutch is easy, and they are also easy to work one. they are one of the best quad for a newbie.

a blaster is a blaster. it is a stepping stone to better things, not the end of a journy.
i had a blaster when i was like 12, been riding dirt bikes and quads before that. bent the axle within a couple months of owning it on a little jump. stock, a blaster is a piece of sh*t. no one here can argue that. yes they can be made into decent quads, but they are limited because of they are air cooled and their geometry isn't that good.
they are a great quad to learn how to ride with, the shifting is easy, the clutch is easy, and they are also easy to work one. they are one of the best quad for a newbie.

Very true! Once you start pushing it, things break.... last year I have been bending, cracking and breaking one thing after another... not to mention a freaking kx65 will leave me in the dust.

Sure you can dump alot of money in it and make it a sweet trail bike.... I hate to say it, but its all just piss in the wind.
Ride it, be happy and move on.... don't wind up screwed like me, I f*cked with it and now I cant sell it no matter how low I go, and it will cost more to fix it then I could sell it for.

I hear you there..When I bought my Blaster everyone ragged on it...Dumped a bit of money into it and then no one could keep up..Then they all bought 450's just to keep up cause they're no good at riding. Bought my Banshee and the same thing...They thought they were awesome cause their 450 thumpers could smoke the stock Banshee...apparently they didn't think I'd do the same to the Banshee. Lol.

This is what the Blaster looked like when everyone quit bashing it and decided to buy 450's:
bikepics-54882-full.jpg

Let people hate. Everyone will shut their faces eventually. Once their mouths are filled with roost.

Sweet rides!I:I

i was the one talking about the trx 250ex and yes i was talking about the 250ex and 250x not the bad a$$ 250r. No raptor 250 on the planet can catch a stock 250r. A 250r is just as fast if not faster than a 450r

bikepics-54882-full.jpg

nice quads but im not to hot on the banshees seat

When my buddy got a TTR125 (free) I had him come over and race me. Both on the TT track I've carved into my yard (its tiny) and in a drag. The TT was a win for me hands down because the kid is a pansy. In the drag race, I would start behind the quad, both hands on the grab bar, dead engine and he would start live engine and I would still smoke him.
As for against my brother's 06 XC setup YFZ, I can keep up on the TT course everywhere except the straight. In the drag, I'm no more than half a length behind him by the finish.

When my buddy got a TTR125 (free) I had him come over and race me. Both on the TT track I've carved into my yard (its tiny) and in a drag. The TT was a win for me hands down because the kid is a pansy. In the drag race, I would start behind the quad, both hands on the grab bar, dead engine and he would start live engine and I would still smoke him.
As for against my brother's 06 XC setup YFZ, I can keep up on the TT course everywhere except the straight. In the drag, I'm no more than half a length behind him by the finish.

ya no, a blaster will not handle better than a XC setup yfz, ever. so either a) you be lieing, or b) your brother can't ride.

nice quads but im not to hot on the banshees seat

Yeah, another person was asking about that seat too..I have the stock one too but I made that seat so my paralyzed buddy can ride it. Just put it in 4th gear for him and he can rip it all day long. The seat kinda just holds him in there and we strap him down with medical belts...pretty damn cool if you ask me. We're in the process of getting his CRF450 ready for him to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.