rejetting carb

desertracer543

Jul 8, 2009
i have been running my blaster for a while with the fatty pipe and power core muffler and it does fine most of the time but sometimes it bogs at low rpms even with a clean carb and when i installed it, i knew nothing about jetting so is jetting necessary for this exhaust system?

yes you should rejet when you change most anything on the intake or exhaust when mine was stock with just the fmf exhaust an uni air filter i was running a 250 jet an had no problems

i have been running my blaster for a while with the fatty pipe and power core muffler and it does fine most of the time but sometimes it bogs at low rpms even with a clean carb and when i installed it, i knew nothing about jetting so is jetting necessary for this exhaust system?

yes it is...anytime you make a change to the engine you are most likely going to need to rejet. If you change the pipe, change the airbox, switch your carb, or any change in porting, and if you install a big bore kit. I hope that you have not damaged your engine yet, but I would not use it until you get it re-jetted. You should be able to search the site to find a similar set-up and most likely someone who has used the FMF will chime in to let you know your jetting. I would almost think that you should be in the 250-260 range. Always start rich and move down from there. Once your plug chops show a medium/dark cardboard color then you are fine (I like mine a little rich). I have homework to do so I am going. If I find something tomorrow I will post back (in the unlikely event that no one from the forum happens to help you).

oh and i also have the K&N filter in so not sure how much that would effect it with the exhaust

I have a factory replacement K&N with the factory airbox lid in place and did not have to re-jet. You should be okay with what foolish913 is offering. However, not knowing if you are using the factory oil-injection or premix and its ratio (most people use good oil @ 32:1- I use Klotz) or your elevation and temperatures I would pobably start at a 260 main and go from there. Jets cost $5 and some time, piston kits and bore and hone jobs cost $100-200 and time.

Wow, I am running the Exact same set up(fmf fatty/powercore II), only I have Vito's carbon reeds. I even am using the K&N Filter. weird.
I'll rip my carb down and see what I am using for jets

Wow, I am running the Exact same set up(fmf fatty/powercore II), only I have Vito's carbon reeds. I even am using the K&N Filter. weird.
I'll rip my carb down and see what I am using for jets

okay that would help too, im picking up some jets tomorrowI:I